1.8

Students were filling the streets of Hogsmeade on Saturday morning. The air was new with Spring, while the sun shined through the clouds. Estella was walking out of Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop with Padma and Luna when Cedric, who had been waiting for them, got to his feet.

"It sure did take you guys a long time in there," he teased.

"Luna insisted on talking to Madam Puddifoot," Padma replied.

"I was just curious about mixing potions with tea, that's all. Too bad she wouldn't speak on the matter," Luna said. Cedric raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"Madam told her that she didn't need to be messing with that stuff," Estella explained to him.

The boy nodded his head. The four started to walk down the street while talking about whatever came to mind.

"So this summer my father and I are going to attend the Quidditch World Cup, and he said that I could invite you all and your families if you all wanted to come," Cedric said.

"Thank you, Cedric, but my family is spending the entire summer in America," Padma replied.

"America?" Estella asked.

"Part of it is for business and part is for vacation," Padma answered.

"Well that's okay, I'm sure America will be fun," Cedric said.

"I would come too, Cedric, but I don't believe my father would like to attend. I'm sure he would allow me to go, but I would rather not. Thank you for the invitation," Luna replied.

"What about you, Estella?" Cedric asked.

"I don't think my mum would go, but I'll ask to see if she'll let me go. That is, if I won't be a bother of course," Estella replied.

"When have you ever been a bother to my family?" Cedric asked with a laugh.

"I just don't want to be an inconvenience to you guys for a few days," Estella replied.

"I wouldn't have asked you to come if you were going to be an inconvenience," Cedric said with a smile.

"Oh alright," Estella said.

A little while on, Estella heard someone call her name. All four turned around to see Draco getting through a crowd to catch up to them.

"Hello, Draco," Estella greeted.

"Hi," he replied before turning to the others, "Hello, Cedric, Padma, and Luna."

"Hello," Cedric greeted back with a half smile.

"Hello, Draco Malfoy," Luna replied.

"Hey?" Padma replied with a confused look on her face.

"Estella, I don't mean to steal you away but I was wondering if you would like to walk with me later?" Draco asked sheepishly.

"Sure," she replied with a grin.

"Why don't you go now? We're just walking, ourselves," Luna added.

"Are you sure?" Estella asked.

"Oh yeah, we'll be fine. You two go have fun," Cedric replied with a smirk. Estella shot him a glare before turning to Draco.

"I'll see you guys later," she said before walking away with the boy.

The two walked side by side, watching everyone enter and leave shops.

"It's a nice day," Draco pointed out.

"It is, isn't it?" Estella replied.

"Padma doesn't like me very much, does she?" Draco asked.

"It's not that, it's just, she's not used to you...she just-" Estella tried to explain.

"Doesn't like me," Draco concluded. Estella sighed.

"It's okay, I realize people have to get used to me," Draco said smiling.

"Isn't that the truth," Estella stated. Draco dropped his smile and shot his eyes to her. Estella laughed.

"I'm just kidding," she said. The boy grinned.

"So tell me about yourself," he said.

"What do you want to know?" she asked.

"Anything," he replied.

"I love the stars," Estella said.

"I already know that. Tell me something I don't know," Draco said.

"Okay, well, you don't know why I love the stars," Estella stated.

"That's true, but save that story for another time."

"Why?"

"Because now isn't the right time."

"Okay."

"Now tell me something I wouldn't know."

"My middle name is Colette," Estella said.

"Colette?" Draco asked.

"Yep," Estella replied.

"Colette," he repeated again softer as if it was a piece of cake and he was trying to figure the flavor.

"Pretty," he stated with a smile.

"What's yours?" she asked.

"What if I don't want you to know that information," he replied.

Estella shot him a glare.

"Kidding. Mine is Lucius," he answered.

"That's nice," Estella said.

Time had passed and the two had found themselves inside of The Three Broomsticks, talking over butterbeer. They had told each other the things one doesn't share about themselves with just anyone. Estella questioned a little bit why she was doing so, but a majority of her felt so comfortable to talk to him like this. 

"Describe yourself in one sentence," Estella told Draco.

"Should this sentence be meaningful?"

"Yes, I bet mine will be more deep."

"Okay you're on."

The boy took a minute to think before saying, "I've got a mind full of unspoken words and a reputation full of too many unnecessary words."

Estella took a moment to think about that, then gave a warm smile.

"Your turn."

"My soul comes from better worlds and I have an incurable homesickness of the stars."

A/N: quote credits - unknown (I found the image on we heart it)

Hey guys! So I have a few things to cover. First I realize that it's chapter 18 and there's still no romance???wtf???? Well first off, I know. I want it that way. Please keep in mind that this is currently year 3 for them. So they're all like, 14. I don't want to start this story out with 14 year olds in love. Second, time. It takes time for a relationship to progress and they just now got over hating each other. They need time to form a bond, and frankly, I hate the storyline of "they realize they don't hate each other so now they're going to automatically date". So overall, that's my plan.....for now. Good news is that I'm almost done with year 3. I plan on finishing that year out by chapter 20. Then I get into the good stuff, like the world cup, year 5 when everyones older and theres the yule ball *wink,wink*. So basically, if you came here for the romance just hold it out! You can do it! Just two more chapters and we'll be out of year 3!! Oh, and I don't mean I'll be starting a new book. It will all be the same, the story will just be moving on after chapter 20!

Second thing, I HIT 1K READS AND ITS KIND OF A BIG DEAL TO ME LIKE THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!! It seriously means a lot to me.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and continue reading :)