2.0

The last day of the school year had finally come and every student was ecstatic to go home for the summer. Estella and Padma had already packed their things to be taken onto the hogwarts express. The girls were the first ones at breakfast before Luna and Cedric joined them.

"It's been a delightful year, hasn't it?" Luna asked, before biting into a piece of toast.

"I'd say so," Cedric replied.

"It's definitely been something," Estella also replied.

Cedric smirked at the girl until she looked up at him.

"Don't."

"You said it."

"That doesn't mean what I was implying was what you were thinking of."

"Then what were you implying, Miss Estella?"

"Sirius Black of course, and don't call me that. You sound like a professor."

"Hm. Sure. You know, you never did tell me about your day with Malfoy in hogsmeade," the golden boy teased.

"You didn't tell him, Estella? She told me," Padma chimed in.

"I believe she told me as well, but that could have been a dream," Luna added.

"Well I see how I rate," Cedric said.

"I was going to tell you! It just didn't come up until now," Estella defended.

Estella then proceeded to tell the three about the time she spent with Draco. Not even realizing it, a smile was upon her face during the story.

"Who would have ever thought that Draco Malfoy would have a soul?" Padma said when Estella was finished.

"Well I was the one who found out that he did. Now, if only I could figure out if you have one," Estella teased.

Padma threw a piece of toast at Estella while everyone laughed.

"I think that it's nice that you made a new friend this year, Estella," Luna said.

Estella took a moment to think about that word. Friend. Did she consider Draco as a friend? Did he consider her the same? Was there a possibility that they could become as close as she was to Padma and Cedric? Could they become closer than that?

Estella shook her head at that last thought, still not realizing that a smile was on her face.

Soon it was time to leave hogwarts and get on the train. Estella walked out of the school with Luna on one side and Cedric on the other. Padma was walking with her sister but said that she would sit with them on the way home. As the three were walking, Estella heard her name being called. She turned around to see Draco shifting through the crowd.

"We'll go on ahead and get a compartment," Cedric said before looking at Draco then back at Estella. With a playful wink, he and Luna walked on. Estella rolled her eyes and turned towards the platinum haired boy.

"Hi, Draco," Estella greeted.

"Hey," the boy said, sticking his hands in his pockets. The two stood there for a moment in silence with a small smile on their faces.

"Did you need something? Or..." Estella asked.

"Oh yeah," Draco said as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"I was going to ask you something," he said looking at his feet for a second then looking back up.

"Yes?" Estella asked.

"Well uh, I, I was, um," the boy stuttered.

"What is it, Draco?" Estella.

The boy looked in her eyes and took a deep breath.

"I was wondering if you were going to go to the Quidditch World Cup?" Malfoy breathed out.

"That's what you wanted to ask me?" Estella said with a laugh.

"Yeah," the boy answered while his hand went back to scratching his neck.

"Well, yes I am. Are you?" Estella replied.

"Me? Oh, yeah my father was invited by the minister himself," Draco answered.

"Impressive," Estella said.

"I could see if we could bring a guest. You know, only if you want to..." Draco trailed on.

"I'm going along with Cedric and his father, I think I should probably-"

"Oh, no I understand. That's okay."

"We can still meet up though."

"That'd be nice."

Estella smiled then said, "I can't believe you were nervous to ask me a simple question like that. Did you think I'd punch you like Hermione did?"

Draco went wide-eyed and looked up.

"You heard about that?" He asked.

"Yep, two punches this year. Is that a new record for you? Or did someone else beat us to it?" Estella teased.

Draco put a hand on his forehead and scrunched his face. Estella laughed.

"I'm just kidding," Estella said.

A moment passed between the two before Draco spoke up.

"We should probably get on the train. I figured I'd talk to you now since you'll be with your friends during the ride and once we get to the station, it'll be too hectic to talk."

"So this is goodbye?" Estella asked.

"I guess so, at least until the World Cup," Draco replied.

"Well I hope you have a good break until then," Estella said.

"You too," Draco said.

Draco stuck his hand out the same exact time that Estella opened her arms for a hug. Realizing what the other was the trying to do, the boy opened his arms while Estella stuck her hand out. The two laughed awkwardly. Finally, both had their arms open. Once they realized that, they went in for a hug. It was short, friendly, and awkward, but both of them enjoyed every second of it.

When they pulled away, they smiled and waved as they walked away from each other.

When Estella got on the train, she found the compartment that held her friends and cousin. She walked in and sat next to Luna.

"What are you smiling about?" Padma asked.

"The stars have aligned."

A/N: HEYO! I know it's been ten years, I'm sorry. I'm also sorry if this was bad. We've hit a milestone!!! We're now done with year three. The next few chapters will be the summer and Quidditch World Cup. Then we get into year 4! Which again, I will NOT be starting a new book for that. It's all still going to be in this book. Anyways, I won't give away all that I have planned and what route I want to take with it, but I will say one thing. The romance will finally blossom..... :)

I promise to update more often! Mainly because 1) it is summer and 2) I'm excited for what I have in store! Also, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 5k READS AND OVER 300 VOTES!!!!

So I hope you enjoyed and continue reading! :)