2.2

Cheers and screams flooded Estella's ears as she entered the stadium. Excitement kept her, as well as everyone attending the Quidditch World Cup, awake throughout the night. A part of the anxious excitement was to see a certain platinum haired boy that she had not seen in months. It made her feel a bit silly to let herself feel those emotions, but a part of her also did not care. She thought back to when Draco Malfoy invited her to come along as his guest. She wandered further on that thought in terms of what might've happened if she had accepted before Cedric got to her first. Would she have stayed at his house the night before like she did with Cedric? What was his house like? Would Draco act like a different person in his home? Would it have had an affect on their friendship?

"Are you looking for someone?" Cedric asked into Estella's ear, causing her gaze to snap.

"No one important. I'm just curious on who all is here," Estella answered.

"Are you sure you're not looking for Draco Malfoy?" Cedric asked, this time speaking a bit louder.

"Shh!" Estella exclaimed, lightly swatting the golden boy.

"Is someone looking for me?" a voice said from behind the two.

Estella turned around to see Draco standing a few feet away smiling. Though it had only been a few months, the boy's appearance had changed. His hair was more parted to the side, and he had gotten slightly taller. Estella swore that his grey eyes had gotten lighter. From the few times that she had seen his smile, this time caused her heart to beat a bit quicker.

"Estella was," Cedric answered.

Estella swatted him again before shooting him a quick look.

"Is that so?" Draco asked with his smile growing bigger if it was even possible.

"Well, uh, I-uh, we said that we could meet up, remember?" Estella finally said.

"You did?" Asked Cedric whose eyebrows were raising while a smirk sneaked up on his face.

"We did," Draco replied, still looking at Estella.

"Well the game doesn't start for another twenty minutes. I'll leave you two to...catch up. Do you think you'll be able to find our seats?" Cedric asked.

"Next to the Weasleys right?" Estella replied.

"Yes at the very top," Cedric answered.

"I'll be there in a few," Estella smiled. With that, Cedric gave Estella a wink before walking off.

"So have you been having a good summer?" Draco asked, walking up to Estella's side.

"Yes I have, how about you?" She replied.

"It's been okay," the boy shrugged, "this is probably the best part."

"Well who doesn't love quidditch?" Estella joked.

"Who said I was talking about the quidditch?"

This made Estella's heart beat faster. The red that was probably already flooding her cheeks was turning into a tsunami.

"I, um, I heard that there's supposed to be some sort of big event happening at school this year," Estella said, changing the subject.

"It's the Triwizard Tournament," Draco added.

"How do you know?" Estella asked.

"I heard father talking about it," the boy answered.

"That's definitely something to look forward to," Estella continued.

"I guess. I mean we can't compete in it so it isn't as exciting."

"Would you enter if we could? It's a danger tournament."

"You're worried about my safety?"

"Only because I care about you...I mean...you're my friend so-"

"It's okay I know what you mean," Draco said with a laugh.

"We should probably get to our seats," Estella said.

"I'll walk you to yours," Draco stated.

"Oh you don't have to," Estella replied.

"I insist," the boy said.

The two then proceeded to walk in a comfortable silence with a comment here and there. Estella's heart never stopped beating as if it were running a marathon. This feeling made her mind question why it was consuming her, but her heart was too stubborn to focus on that thought.

When the two arrived to the very top, Estella turned to Draco with a smile.

"Thank you for walking me up here. It was really good to see you," Estella said.

"It was my pleasure," Draco replied, smiling.

"I guess I'll see you at school," Estella asked.

"Until then, stay safe," Draco replied.

"Thank you," Estella said.

Draco nodded and walked off to where his father was. Estella took her seat soon to have Hermione come over to her.

"Cedric, can I sit in your seat for a quick moment?" Hermione asked.

"Of course and believe me, I'm as shocked and confused as you are," Cedric replied.

"Care to explain what that was about?" Hermione asked with wide eyes.

"Me and Draco?"

"No, you and Dean Thomas, yes you and Draco!"

"We're friends now."

"And when did this happen? Why didn't you tell me? Is it a trick? Are you being forced? Are-"

"Hermione! I'm not being forced. It just sort of...happened," Estella said with a smile.

"Yes but Draco Malfoy," Hermione said.

"I know but he's actually a different person underneath all of those bitter layers," Estella defended.

Hermione looked into Estella's eyes for a few seconds before speaking up.

"Just be careful, Estella. Don't let him in too quickly," Hermione warned.

"Thank you ,Hermione," Estella said playfully rolling her eyes.

Hermione then stood up and made her way back to where Ginny was sitting. A few minutes later, the game started and everyone was on their feet. Estella cheered and screamed along with everyone around her.

She wondered if Draco was doing the same or if his father was keeping him under his restraints. She hoped he was doing the same.

In that moment, everyone deserved to shine like the stars.

A/N: I think you all know what's about to go down in the next chapter...anyways, was this cute? Awkward? Both? Let me know! I love reading everyone's comments! Even though I don't really answer them, just know that I see them and appreciate them! I hope you enjoyed and continue reading :)