4

"Bare with me, I hate these kind of things." Shan takes a deep breath, preparing herself to say her speech she has prepared for us.

"My cousin Justin has had some problems in the past, our family hasn't always been accepting of him because of the decisions he made as a kid, but I've always stuck by him, you know why? Because I knew that one day someone like jayde would come along, and we'd all get to see the Justin we all know now, the loving, caring and amazing father. One day you two will have another kid, a kid of your own Justin and you will love that child just as much as you love Violet. Watching you three together as a family is my inspiration, I hope to one day have a little family like yours. I wish you both a happy marriage and a happy life together. Cheers to many more happy evenings like this" she raises her glasses and we all do the same. I didn't realise I was crying until I felt a tear hit my shoulder.

"Aww jayde." Justin smiles, wiping the tears off my cheeks.

"That was beautiful." I smile at Shannon. She gives me a little smile before sitting down.

I can't believe my parents wouldn't come down for this, they've missed the most important day of my life.

Everyone goes back to partying and I catch up with Shan, pulling her into a big hug. "Thank you, that was a beautiful speech." I grin.

"It's my pleasure."

"You've been so good to me Shan, you're the best friend I could ask for and I'm so glad I have you in my life." She was really there for me when I needed someone the most.

"Of course. Justin is family which means you're family too."

"Oh by the way, what's happened with you and Liam, I've not heard anything about him in a few months?"

"Yeah we broke up, I realised all he wanted was to go out partying every night and he didn't want to settle down in the near future. I'm ready to find someone and settle down, I want a family like yours." She smiles.

"You will find someone." I smile.