23

"Hello. What's your emergency?"

"There's someone in our house, please come quick." I panic before hanging up. They can track the call, I can't stay on the phone, I need to make sure my baby is safe, I won't let him take her, not again.

"Violet darling listen to me, I need you to stay in here for me, after I leave I need you to lock the door and don't open up for anyone, you got that?"

"Yes mummy." She nods as she yawns. I had to wake her up after I got that awful text from Justin. I need to make sure he's okay, i need to know he's okay.

"Justin?" I call out into the corridor and I slowly walk around the corner.

"Nope try again." I hear from behind me. I stop walking and slowly turn around to come face to face with Gab, once again.

"Gab." I sigh.

"You know we are meant to be a family Jayde. I've got rid of the only thing that's in our way , we can be together again now. I promise I'll treat you better this time, you and violet."

"Gab, what do you mean you got rid of the only thing that's in our way?" I ask. My heart beat speeding up as the thought of what he could mean runs through my mind.

"Justin. He just loves you and violet way too much, it's quite sickening really." He laughs.

"No!" I scream as I run into the bedroom. My heart stops and my knees give way. I fall to the floor, screaming and crying uncontrollably.

"Justin" I scream.

Suddenly, I hear the front door being kicked in.

"Police. Get on your knees." They say behind me. I hear Gab curse as he hits the ground.

I can't move, I can't speak, I can't even blink. I'm just looking at Justin's body laying on the ground, lifeless, he's not breathing. I'm not breathing.

"Ma"am, is there anyone else in the house?" A woman asks. I can't answer her, I can barely move.

I nod. I can't get my words out still. I pull myself up slowly and walk to the bathroom door.

"Baby it's mummy, open up." I breath out, it hurts. Everything hurts.

She does as I tell her and I hear the door unlock. I pull her into my arms and I can't hold in my emotions any longer.