20

I feel my phone vibrating in my back pocket and I decide to go to the bathroom to read it. I don't want to worry Violet.

It's a message from Gab. Did you really think I wouldn't find you. Baby, I know you better than anyone else and you might be able to hide, but you can't run.

I get shivers down my back and I practically jump out of my skin when someone knocks on the bathroom door.

"Jayde?" It's Justin.

"Yeah?"

"Can I come in." I take a shaky sigh and try to calm down before I open the door and walk out to him, wrapping my arms around his waist as I hug him tightly.

"Don't ever leave us" I weep.

"Hey, shhh. I'm not going anywhere, not without you and our baby girl." He rubs my back softly. "I'm just going to put Violet to bed, Shans just put another pot of tea on, go sit with her and I'll be back in there soon." He smiles. I nod as he kissing my forehead and he walks off back into the living room to get violet.

"You okay?" Shan smiles sympathetically. I didn't even bother wiping my tears because who am I kidding? I'm a nervous wreck. Every little noise make me tremble. I know Gab, he'll do anything to get what he wants and right now that's me and Violet. He's relentless and there's really no telling what his next move is.

Right now we're just playing his waiting game, the ball is in his court and he knows it.