21

"Justin are you awake?" I whisper as I sit up in bed. I can't sleep, I'm going out of my mind with worry, knowing Gab is out there somewhere. This is what he wants, he's waiting and waiting because he knows what he's doing to me. He's just waiting to pick his moment.

"Yeah babe, I'm just listening to your heart beat, I know you're worrying and working yourself up. But I'm here, right next to you and I'm not leaving your side." He grabs my hand, puts it on his chest and sits up with me. "See, you can feel my heart beating. I'm right here." I rest my head of his shoulder and breathe out a loud sigh of relief.

"I'm worried about you. I'm worried that when he turns up you're going to protect us and end up either dead or in prison again. I can't handle that, I just can't lose you, not again." I'm sobbing and Justin rubs his hand up my arm softly.

"Listen to me. Of course I'm going to protect you and violet with my life, you are my life. But I promise you I'll be careful because I can't lose you and I don't want to be away from my girls for one second. Everything's going to be okay. We'll be sensible about this, I'll do what needs to be done. I'll get a police officer standing outside this house every second of the day and one following us around when we go out if that's what it will take. Gab isn't going to touch you or violet. Not now, not ever."

"Can you really do that?" I ask, looking up at him.

"I'll get on it right now." He nods, grabbing his phone off the bed side table.