Chapter 1- My Beginning

....... This story is told by carmen. This is my first story ever shared with anyone. Please leave me feedback in the comments. thanks and vote if you enjoy it!

I was an ordinary girl, nothing special about me at all. I had long beautiful black hair I got from my grandmother Clara. It went down to the small of my back. I had beautiful green eyes and a thin but fairly toned body. I never worked out or anything but i was always doing farm work. My family had lived in Oklahoma for generations and they were the local family you went to with all your farming needs. Our family was rather good at growing amazing produce. That was the only thing great about my home town of Canton.

I never fit in at school or anywhere but everyone knew i was Carmen Roads daughter to John and Claire Roads. Our farm was the largest for hours. My grandfather started the Canton Roads farm and later gave it to my father. My only sibling was Arlo He was so amazing and wonderful to look at people always wanted to talk to me just to be closer to him. He was 22 years old and was going to take over the family business one day. I just wanted to run away and find myself. I wasn't gifted at anything and i really had no clue what to do with my life. I thought about all the places i could visit and all the foods i wanted to try. My only friend was Briana. Unlike me she was Hot and everybody including my brother adored her. She wasn't like most other girls she wanted to go to medical school so she had no time for boys or shopping. I met her six years ago when we attended summer camp. We instantly hit it off.

She's the only one in this world besides my brother I can even stand. My parents work so much they forgot they even have children. My grandparents died when i was three. Now I was getting ready to celebrate my big sixteenth birthday party and my parents wanted me to have this all out massive party including my best friend Briana and three other girls from school. It wasn't that they were excited for me but because they were going to throw an amazing sweet 16 for all of us on our farm. There would be music and dancing and beer lots of beer. My fav. They just wanted all the kickbacks they were going to get by hosting this massive bash. I dreaded the whole thing I would rather wear my jeans and kicks and a kool t-shirt. 

Everything was being set up from the stages to the fun carnival like stations and produce all around for snacks and prizes. I was just ready for it to be over. Briana was happy though so i tried not to be a debby downer for her. She looked amazing in her dress. It was teal and made her already wonderful body even more impressive. Arlo was hoping to get some time alone with her on our birthday. He knew she wasn't into dating and she had no thoughts on sticking around like him but he prayed and hoped God would keep her close and make her his wife. I thought it was a tad selfish on his part because she had dreams and i respected that probably cause i had none of my own.

We were all getting ready for our huge birthday bash. We were suppose to all go on stage one at a time to be announced and give a brief speech and thank the Roads for their hospitality. (I just wanted to laugh at the people who thought my parents were doing this for me and not for the publicity and money.) We were all nervous for one thing or another. Some of the other girls were hoping to find a handsome boy to dance with and all I kept thinking was the first chance i got i was going to down a couple beers. My parents don't like the thought of alcohol but they were offered ten thousand dollars to make the effort. As I said my parents weren't going to say no to that.

I stood next to Briana admiring the way that dress knew when to be tight and when to be loose and flowing around her. My dress was a nice red dress I got from the thrift store in town the only one we have in Canton. My parents scolded me for not buying something nicer but it was my revenge for making me wear a stupid dress to begin with. My mind instantly went to just please don't fall down and make an even bigger idiot of myself. I have no sense of style obvious but my mom had gotten me a pair of high heels and I just know I'm going to end up in the e.r. I looked at all the girls and I felt like the ugly duckling of the bunch.