Hope shines brightest in the dark

18/11/2016

So I've had a pretty rough week again with school. It just seems there isn't enough hours in the day to deal with all of the stress that school creates. I know that I don't post as much as I used to, but when I do post, it's a creative outlet for me. I think thats why I like picking up an instrument, it gives me an outlet for all that stress. Whether it be writing my own song, playing around with chords, or playing someone else song... mainly the Beatles in some form or another.

You all know that I'm an undergraduate law student in my 3rd year, projected to graduate a semester early. For the longest time I wasn't able to give anyone a specific reason as to why I wanted to become a lawyer. I just thought to myself...well hell, I can't do anything else... I pass out at the sight of needles and other peoples blood, on the rare occasions sometimes my own. I've always kinda been a strong willed person, I wanted to lead, but not in the way that isn't nice, or accepting by others. I love when other people help or come in with creative ideas that would help a group project. I love listening to the opinions of others, whether I believe them to be right or wrong...everyones entitled. I saw law as a way to be a leader... in some form. I've always known I wanted to go into law too..I wanted to be a super spy or a judge...but what kid doesn't?

With that being said, I sort of had an epiphany today. While watching an advert for Vice President Joe Bidens bio-pic, he was reading a letter that his mother had written to him while he was in law school. She said that he was destined for great things, and to power through law school so he can do what he loved best, helping his community and country. That really stuck with me. That was my moment of "Ah Ha this is why I want to be a lawyer". I want to make an impact on those around me for the good. I want to be there for people when they are struggling. I want to make connections with people, to be their friend. I want to be that person that someone can rely on to help them. That is why I want to be a lawyer, to be the hope that shines brightest during their dark times. Pauls "Hope For The Future" song has really stuck with me this week too. Music brings me out of the dark. It makes me laugh, it relieves my stress, and it brings me closer to my friends.

There is always the light at the end of the tunnel. You may have to struggle to get there, but I promise that you will succeed! I can 100% back that! Believe in yourself. Do not be afraid to ask others for help. Talk to others, make connections.

It's been a while since I've posted twice in a week, but I felt the need to get that off my chest before I forgot what I really wanted to say!

I love you all so very much.

until next time...

Much love always,

Avery