Chapter 25

Camila's POV

"Thank you so much for getting me out of there, Roger," I said to my manager while we were on our way to Las Vegas for the iHeart Radio Music Festival. I had a dance rehearsal with Sean and the girls earlier in the morning till the afternoon, but as I was once again trying to bond with them, I only felt left out. Dinah and I joked around a bit as usual but I could tell she was more interested in hearing about Lauren's vacation. It was fine and I was very interested too but just to a certain extent since she mentioned meeting a lot of new girls.

I gave up on listening at that point as I didn't bother to hear it. She was smirking the whole time so I knew she did stuff with at least a few of them. Looks like she was moving on just fine and swell. I on the other hand was the furthest thing from that. I never could get Lauren out of my thoughts. Day by day, I still think about her and if she still thinks of me. Guess not. She was happier on her own already while I just felt empty.

"No problem. You're gonna have a great night at iHeart," he said. Let's hope. I wasn't too excited to work but at least it wasn't going to be a hassle. Also, Shawn was going to be there and our managers wanted us to meet up for some publicity. It would be good to be seen together—before the single comes out —so people and the media know we have a connection. It's all part of the big picture.

But I still liked Shawn. He was only just a friend but such an amazing one. He was there for me when others weren't, especially during these rough past couple of months. He gives me advice and encouragement and I felt like I could trust him with a lot now more than ever. And I was even thinking about coming out, telling him about my relationship with Lauren. I felt like it was time.

"Shawn!!" I nearly tackled him in a hug once we met up.

"Hey, kid," he joked.

"That's so annoying," I rolled my eyes, giggling.

"That's my mission," he smiled smugly. "Getting pumped for the song?"

"Oh my god, yes! It sounds amazing," I nodded, thinking about the duet that was currently getting mixed. It was planned to release some time mid-November with a lot of promo already underway.

Throughout the night, Shawn and I hung out and while I was posing on the carpet, he snuck up and scared me. The photographers loved it and wanted us to pose together to get some sort of rumor started. But that was the plan too. We took pictures backstage and were always seen together...the rumors were going to be insane.

"So many people are gonna be talking about this," I said to him as we walked privately around the backstage of the venue.

"Let them talk. They should right?" he smirked.

"Y-yeah, I guess so," I shrugged.

"You're okay, Camila. Right?" he asked.

"I'm...I'm fine."

"You don't look like it. Come on, I know you better than that. You poured out your heart to me when we wrote together. Is it...your ex?" he questioned and that was when my heart stopped and steps halted. He paused too and looked at me awkwardly. "Sorry...was that-" It was time.

"Look Shawn, I haven't been very honest with you since we started writing the song," I said, making his eyes widen.

"What do you mean?"

I sighed and walked over to lean against the brick wall while he followed. "I mean that...there was no boy I dated. I only said that to cover up."

"Cover up?" he grew confused.

"Yeah...I...dated Lauren. Lauren Jauregui from the band," I admitted and looked at him for his reaction.

His eyes widened even more so, "Really?"