Chapter 30

December

Lauren's POV

"Where's Camila?" I asked the girls as I hadn't seen her in the studio at all today.

"She already recorded her parts this morning I guess," Dinah answered, lounging on the couch with Mani who was busy on her phone.

"Oh..." I nodded, walking over to join them. "I see."

"Why? What did you need her for?" she gave me a suspicious look as if I were up to something.

I squinted my eyes, "Nothing?"

"Hmmm," she kept glaring at me weirdly.

"I'm not doing anything, Dinah," I rolled my eyes. "We haven't spoken in days."

"That's sad," she pouted.

I just shrugged, "It is what it is. So, she's out with Shawn?"

"Most likely. But she looks so tired from traveling so often. It's like she's working two jobs," Dinah frowned.

"She is," I said.

The producer then called me in to record some of my parts for the song. Today, we were working on "Dope" and "Scared of Happy" which the latter was already one of my favorites. It was just the way I connected and related so well and quickly to the lyrics. It spoke to me as it was about that hurt in a relationship that's made you vulnerable and not so strong like you used to be. My whole experience with Camila made me realize that loving someone doesn't always work out and so it kind of makes me scared of what's next.

It's been a while since I was lost for words

Needles and static and stutters

I recorded my part over and over until I felt like I'd done it justice. This was a special one and I wanted it to be perfect.

I never knew a love that doesn't hurt

Feeling the heat and the burn

But what really shook me was when I suddenly heard Camila's voice blaring through the speakers during the playback. It was her part that she apparently recorded this morning and I listened to it intently.

[Camila:]

Just give me one good reason

Drop everything and leave it

Seconds away from turning this car back around

Something about your feeling, pushing and pulling me in

And now my walls fall down

I could tell she liked this part for herself as it hit the nail on the head. It practically summed up the problems we went through when we were together. No matter how much we suffer, we still go back to each other.

[Lauren:]

When it all goes down, when it all goes down

[Camila:]

Will you still be around?

I'm coming back, no more running away

I got pretty emotional after my take until Dinah and Normani cheered me up by bringing Preslee (Normani's dog) in. We also took a picture of the four of us hanging in the studio and had a debate on whether or not we should post it on the Fifth Harmony account since Camila wasn't in it. I didn't care much about it but Dinah and Normani said it would be fine. Later, after we ate and stuff, I got emotional again when I thought about the contract and decided it was time to talk to the girls about it.