1. The idiot

Hey everyone! Finally a new story and I'm happy to share it with you. I'm still not finished with writing this one. But I didn't want to wait any longer. Also I'm still writing my teenlock about Prince Sherlock.

Note: I'm Dutch. So please, tell me if I made a spelling mistake or anything, thank you xx
_

It's Tuesday night. John Hamish Watson thirty-two years old was preparing himself for another date, which probably will turn out like the others. A big failure. John went to dates quite a lot. With pretty women, ugly women, fat, thin, smart, dumb, every type you can imagine. But still, he never managed to succeed one single date. John had rigid golden-blond hair and had frown lines that were barely noticeable. He was a handsome young man so he didn't understand why his dates always failed.

Tonight he was going to give it another try. At eight am he had a date with Chelsea Belnoot. A woman he met at work. He thought tonight was going to be the night he waited for. He prepared himself for the night ahead of him, dressed in a light brown suit, nothing too fancy but nothing ordinary either. He looked at his reflexion into the mirror. He sighed before a fake smile grew on his lips. His life was miserable and he knew it. There was nothing exciting about his life. He wakes up, eats breakfast, gets ready, goes to work, returns home, eats and watches crap telly. That's what he did every single day. Sometimes he could add 'having a fail date' to his list.

John grunted, rolling with his eyes and emerged the bathroom. He ran a hand through his hair, not caring if it looked messy now and picked up his silver keys. He closed the wooden door loudly behind him, and began leaving the apartment building. He descended the stairs instead of taking the elevator. John lived on the first floor. So taking the stairs was faster.

He opened the main door that led outside and immediately a cool evening breeze blew over his head. He let out a quiet sigh through his nose and began walking into the direction of the restaurant. He wasn't planning to walk, he just couldn't see a cab approaching him.

After he walked for five minutes, he growled as he still didn't see any cab. He felt the chill evening breeze play in his sandy hair. He pulled his jacket closer, looking up at the sky. There were stars lingering at the sky. The corner of his mouth curled into a smile. It always fascinated him how beautiful the world can look. He sighed as he looked forwards again.

Ten minutes later John was still walking. He sighed, checking the time. He definitely was going to be late. Another ten minutes later, John sighed in relief as a cab was approaching him. He flagged down the cab and jumped in, slamming the door behind him.

"Steadtler street please." He said. The cabby nodded and pushed on the car pedal. John took a deep breath as he sat back, trying to find his composure. He was getting nervous. He tugged his phone out of his pocket and sent a message to Chelsea, telling her that he was going to be late.

The drive to the restaurant was short, and traffic was surprisingly forgiving. John Watson climbed out of the cab after he paid the cabby. He muttered to himself about ruining another date once again. He quickly made his way to the building. It was a corner building with grey walls and large windows. There was a thick black carpet and the walls inside were a deep red colour. Small round tables were spread about, with fabric chairs pushed into them. The decoration of the restaurant looked gorgeous. John was familiar with the restaurant. The food was amazing and the atmosphere felt like it was Christmas.

John crossed the street, pushed open the big fancy restaurant doors and began scanning the restaurant. He didn't get a reply from Chelsea, so he wondered if she actually was planning to come. He blindly walked forwards, searching for his date when he suddenly bumped into someone. Plates fell to the floor with a thunderous clatter, smashing into tiny pieces. John jumped back startled about what just happened. He looked up and saw that he bumped into a waiter, who was covered with food and liquid on his white shirt.