chapter 2: Public school

Hello! I finally posted the 2nd chapter of this story. I hope you will like it. Don't hesitate to comment to tell me if you liked it or not. It always makes me happy. :)

♂+♂=♥

Today was the day. I woke up at 7a.m. I was so tired, I barely slept that night. I was nervous and excited at the same time. I slowly rubbed my eyes and went in the bathroom to take a quick shower. Once I was done, I took a few minutes to choose what to wear. I took a pair of black skinny jeans and a white T-shirt with a leather jacket. Then I had to make my hair look good. It always took me some time.

I went downstairs when I was done, my mother had already left. She was a babysitter so she had strange working hours. My father was still asleep; he didn't have to work until late in the afternoon. There was a note on the table. I took it and read the little paper.

"Hey Michael,

I hope you're not too tired. I already left for work but I will be at home when you get back. Have a great day. By the way, there are some pancakes in the fridge for you.

Love you.

Mom. x"

I smiled at the lovely message and I took the pancakes off the fridge. I added syrup before eating them. I loved my mom's cooking, it was so good. I could die for it. Then, I put the dishes in the dishwasher before running up the stairs to brush my teeth. I quickly took my brown bag and walked out of the house. I didn't want to be late for my first day!

After ten minutes of walk, I was here; in front of the high school. It was a big high school with stone walls; it reminded me of middle Ages. There were lots of students, they were laughing, speaking with their friends or making out. Ugh, disgusting. I went in the office to take my schedule. I was so nervous right now. What if nobody liked me? An old woman with short, grey hair looked at me, smiling before giving me my schedule without a word.

I thanked her and left the office. There was a small girl next to the door. She had long, light brown hair in a ponytail and blue eyes. She was kind of cute but not my type.

"Hey you! You're new here right?" She asked me and gave me a gentle smile.

"Mmh.. Yeah. I'm new." I answered with a shy smile.

"Oh cool! Where were you before ending up here?" She asked, raising an eyebrow, curiosity in her beautiful blue eyes.

"I was home schooled." I mumbled, slightly embarrassed. Why was she asking so many questions already?

"That's so cool! I'm Amelia by the way." She told me, with an enormous smile, a strange glint in her eyes.

"I'm Michael." I answered, smiling back.

"I like your name! My little cousin has the same. So, I saw your schedule and we have four classes together! It will be so cool! Oh, and you will eat lunch with me, right?" She asked, jumping up and down of excitement.

I nodded, laughing a little. Well, my day was great so far. Amelia was my first friend. I really liked her, she was nice, and she was laughing and smiling all the time.

The first hours of classes were boring. I had to present myself at the beginning of each classes, everybody was staring at me as if I was an Alien. I hated attention. And, I had no classes with Amelia this morning. At lunch time, I went to my locker to grab my lunch bag. Amelia was waiting for me in front of the cafeteria. I spotted her and walked slowly toward her.

My head was hurting so bad. It was worse than usual, there were so many noises. I should have taken my pills this morning.

"Hey, it's a great day... Would you like to eat outside?" She asked me, carrying her lunch bag.