chapter 14: Last Holidays

Thank you for reading this story so far. I hope you will also like this chapter! 

♂+♂=♥

Weeks passed on slowly and Christmas was getting closer and closer. My relationship with Arthur changed a lot during these weeks; we were seeing each other time to time but not as much as before. Do you want to know what the worst is? It wasn't his fault, it was mine. But I had my reasons.

Sighing, I closed my laptop. Christmas was in less than a month and I still had to find a present to Arthur. I wanted to give him something special; something he would never be able to forget. I checked out what time it was and remarked it was almost time to meet Arthur to the coffee shop which was down the street.

I left the house and began to walk, enjoying the cold wind on my still very short hair. When I arrived to the coffee shop, Arthur was already there, waiting for me, sitting in a corner of the shop. I walked toward him and sat next to him; giving him a small peck on the lips. Arthur gave me a small smile and we ordered our beverages.

"Michael... Do you still want to be with me?" He asked a frown on his face. He was biting his lips anxiously while waiting for my answer.

I stared at him in shock for a few seconds before realizing why he was thinking I didn't want to be with him anymore. I took his hand into mine and waited for him to look at me before speaking. "I know why you think that but you're wrong. You mean a lot to me, more than you can imagine. I know I've been distant but that's because I have a lot on my mind at the moment but, I promise, it has nothing to do with you." I ended my speech in a whisper, staring at him while I was waiting for his reaction.

"You know, if something is bothering you, you could speak to me. I'll do my best to help you. When you stopped coming over, I thought I did something to upset you..." He said a frown on his face while he was staring at the table. I just wanted to hug him and never let him go.

We were interrupted by a young waiter, he gave us our drinks and left, giving us a gentle smile. That's why I liked this place so much; people who were working here were not homophobic and it felt great. I took a big gulp of my hot tea, closing my eyes and enjoying the great taste and the warm feeling inside me. When I opened my eyes, Arthur was staring at me, a slight blush on his cheeks. I raised an eyebrow, and waited for his explanation.

"Your head... While you were enjoying your tea, you had the same expression than when you were under me... It was hot..." He mumbled, his blush getting heavier. His comment made me blush too, I didn't know what to say, it was so embarrassing.

We joked and enjoyed this moment without thinking about anything else. This afternoon made me realize how much I missed him. Spending time with him also made me realize how much I loved him and how much I will miss him.

"Everything is alright? I mean... You look exhausted; it's been a while since I saw you like that." He said, worry in his beautiful baby voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine... I'm just really tired and I'm studying a lot at the moment. I've missed a lot of school and I really want to catch up... You know, I never thought I would have headaches from studying." I said, trying to joke a little. 

"You should relax... Why don't you take a few days off so we could hang out? I could rent a small cottage for a few days near the beach, it would be perfect, don't you agree?" He asked, staring at me while he was waiting for an answer.

I thought about it a few minutes before answering. "Yeah, I would love to. That would be perfect." I said, giving him a loving smile. A few days with Arthur, perfect. I really needed this right now. 

"Great! We could leave tomorrow and come back Monday!" He exclaimed happiness and relief in his eyes. I loved to see him that way. "You will send me a message if your parents are okay with that and I'll pick you him tomorrow morning!"