chapter 4: Weekend

You may want to listen this song while reading this chapter ~~>

♂+♂=♥

"Dinner's ready! Amelia, can you tell it to Arthur while I'm setting the table, please?" Amelia's mother asked in a gentle voice without looking at her daughter.

Amelia ran out of the kitchen, and a few minutes later she came back with Arthur. We all sat down and Amelia's mother served us. We had made ravioli with cheese, it was really good!

"Michael, are you sure you're okay? You look paler than before." Amelia's mother said in a worried tone.

"I'm... I'm fine, really. I'm just tired and I have a headache, that's all." I replied with a small smile. She nodded, but with doubt in her eyes.

"Hey mum, how was work today? It looks like you had a great day." Amelia asked, already finishing her plate.

"I had a great day thank you, though it was pretty normal at the office. Luckily, there weren't a lot of sick people." She said smiling.

Once the dinner was over, Arthur went back to his room. I felt kind of bad for him. Except for when his mother talked to him a bit with signs, he just watched us. He must feel so alone...

"I'm going to take a quick shower. You can go into my brother's bedroom if you want." Amelia said with a smirk before walking upstairs, which made me roll my eyes at her.

I was going to follow her when her mother called me and told me to come next to her. I came closer and watched her, feeling a bit uncomfortable.

"Can I ask you a personal question?" She asked me, a strange glint in her eyes. I nodded, feeling a bit uncomfortable. What did she want? "You're sick, right?"

I began to shake slightly, my eyes going wide. "I'm a doctor, I know what you have. I recognize the symptoms. I don't understand why you haven't done anything yet... You know what's going to happen if you don't do anything about it, right?" She asked in a worried tone.

I nodded, still incapable of saying anything. "I think Arthur likes you... I saw the way he looks at you. And... If you don't do anything about what you have, you will hurt him. You will hurt Amelia, your parents and so many people. Just think about that, please." She said, with glassy eyes.

I nodded again, tears in my eyes before going upstairs. I went into Arthur's bedroom. My heart was beating so fast, I thought I was going to die! How did she know I was gay? Do I have something written on my face about it? Why everybody is telling me that they know I'm gay when it's supposed to be a secret?! And more importantly, how did she find out about that? Arthur was reading something, and when he saw me he smiled. I sat next to him.

"What are you reading?" I asked, looking at him while giving him a friendly smile.

He gave me the paper, blushing a little. It was a song's lyrics. I began to read it.

I'm standing across from you,

I'm dreaming of the things I'd do.

I don't speak; you don't know me at all,

For fear of what you might do,

I say nothing but stare at you.

And I'm dreaming, I'm tripping over you,

Truth be told, my problem's old.

You mean the world to me but you'll never know,