Chapter 19: The End

That's it... That's the very last chapter of this story.... This chapter is going to be a bit different and will be from Arthur's point of view!

♂+♂=♥

*20 years later*

I woke up feeling the warmth of the sun on my face; I turned around, burying my face into my husband's chest, wanting to sleep a bit longer. I was having a nice dream, well to be honest it was mostly memories but it felt so good. In my dreams, I was a teenager again, I was with my boyfriend and his friends and everything was so great; I wanted to stay in this illusion a bit longer, just a few more minutes. 

Suddenly, I felt something on the bed and I knew Michael just entered into the bed. He crawled until he was in front of my face, waiting for me to open my eyes. Slowly, I opened my eyes, a small smile on my lips. "Hey baby." I whispered, not wanting to wake my husband up.

He smiled back before crawling between us. Now, there were no doubts he was awake.  He giggled, happy to be between us and kissed my cheek. "Good morning daddy." He whispered back with a big, cute smile. He suddenly yelped when he felt two big arms hugging him from behind. "DAD LET ME GOOO!!!" He screamed while laughing, trying to get away. I couldn't help but laugh at the scene, seeing my husband and my son spending time together always made me happy.

I guess I should explain what happened during all these years. Well... Back then, at the hospital I mean, Michael died just after we shared our last kiss... The doctors tried to resuscitate him but it was impossible. I thought my world was ending right there and I couldn't imagine myself living without him. The funeral was heartbreaking and I often thought about killing myself but I never did. For years, I stayed at home, refusing to meet people except for my family as well as Eddy who stayed friends with us even after Michael's death.

Ten years after his death, I began to go out... Well, Amelia forced me and at first it was really hard. She was tired of me staying in my room all the time and she told me I should try to enjoy life as much as I could... I was almost 30 years old at the time and I thought - and wanted - to spend the rest of my life alone; waiting for my time to come so I could be with Michael again. 

My life totally changed when Amelia took me to the ice cream shop; there was this waiter who kept flirting with me and at first I really hated it. But the more we went there, the more I remarked that I enjoyed his company and one day he just kissed me.... And that's how our story began. Finally, three years ago we adopted a little boy who was abandoned by his parents at birth. As soon as we saw him, our hearts melted and we knew he was perfect. We decided to call him Michael; and I couldn't be happier. He was just gorgeous; he had a cute little face; big brown curls all over his face and baby blue eyes. In a way, he kind of looked like my first love, except for the eyes. And, even if I didn't want to admit it, it almost looked like he was our biological son; he was looking so much like him and I. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts by my son, giving me a worried look. That's when I realized I began to cry a little; I was always getting emotional just thinking about the past. My husband, Alex, kissed his cheek and whispered something into his ear. He nodded and left the room not too long after. Alex pulled me into his arms and kissed my neck, my cheeks and finally my mouth. Then, he took my face into his hands and began to speak. "I'm going to take him to the park today so you can spend time with Amelia and Eddy for this special day. But don't hesitate to call me if you need something, anything, alright?" He asked, staring at me while he was waiting for my answer. 

"Wait." I said, holding his hand, not wanting him to leave. "I-I want the both of you to come with us... He has the right to know too..." I said in a small voice, not thinking he would agree with me.