chapter 16: Truth

Thanks for reading the story so far! I'm sorry for not updating sooner; I have been quite busy with some families stuffs and I also wrote some chapters of "Save Me" and "Is It Fair?"... I hope you're going to enjoy this story. :)

♂+♂=♥

After our conversation, we took a shower and we went to the hospital. I could easily tell that Arthur was nervous; he was biting his lips and was always staring at me from the corner of his eyes as if he was afraid I would disappear. I hated the way he was looking at me, I hated it. We stopped in front of the hospital; I took a deep breath and took Arthur's hand into mine. 

"No need to be stressed. I believe everything happen for a reason... So, we will see." I whispered, giving him a small smile. 

He nodded and squeezed my hand one last time. Then, we got out of the car and walked into the hospital. As soon as I entered into the building, I felt uneasy. I couldn't understand why exactly; maybe it was because I almost died the last time I was there; maybe it was because everything seemed too white and too bright.

"Hey, you're alright?" Arthur asked in a worried tone while he was staring at me, waiting for me to answer.

"Yeah... I'm fine. Let's go, the sooner we know the answer; the sooner we will leave this place." I replied, giving him a stressed smile.

We entered into a room; the same room I was before the operation... Bad memories. The doctor was sitting on the big, comfy sofa but got up as soon as he saw us. He greeted us then Arthur and I sat on the sofa while he sat in front of us. "Hello, Michael. From your call, I assume you're there for another Head MRI, right?" He asked, waiting for my reaction.

"Yes, please. I'm afraid it's coming back. I don't want to worry my parents by telling them my head is hurting; I want to be sure before." I answered, staring at the floor. Please, don't let him know I'm lying. Please.

"Alright." He said as he got up and handed me a hospital gown. I went into another room to change my clothes and came back when I was done. The doctor was waiting for me, a small smile on his lips while Arthur was still on the sofa, biting his nails. He looked like he was going to cry at any seconds. 

I laid down on the narrow table which slided into a large tunnel-shaped scanner. Now, all I had to do was waiting and try not to move for about one hour. I almost forgot how unpleasant the loud noises of the machine were. The hour went on slowly and, as soon as it was over, I went back to the other room to put my clothes back on. Once I was fully dressed, I sat on the sofa next to Arthur who was looking at me with worried eyes. I gave him a quick kiss and took his hand into mine. We waited for the results in an uneasy silence. What would I do if the tumor is back? Arthur would be destroyed... My family and friends too...

The doctor finally came back and sat in front of us with a stressed smile on his face. "You were right, the tumor is back. But this time it's different." He said in a low tone while looking at me with sad eyes.

"W-What do you mean?" I asked in a small voice, not sure about wanting to know the answer.

"The tumor is back but it moved; it's now at the very back of your head. And it's growing rapidly. I'm sorry to announce that we can't remove the tumor, it's impossible." He said in a sad voice. I could see in his eyes that it also wasn't easy for him. Moments like that were hard for a doctor, especially when he had to announce that to young people.

As soon as Arthur understood that there was nothing we could do, he began to cry, his head in his hands. I stared at him with broken eyes before turning back to the doctor. "How much time do I have?" I asked, trying not to show my emotions.