Bewitching Hour [✔️]

Sophie had taken me out to a quiet cabin in the Bijou under the name of an old friend of hers she'd told me. We'd taken clothes, food, and other supplies so that I could live a decently comfortable life. When she'd gotten back to me about speeding up my pregnancy and told me that it was indeed possible; she made dead sure that this was what I wanted. When I told her after a long silence that it was what I wanted she responded that she had a male witch friend more powerful than her and would be glad to help. I consented and within a month Sophie was at the cabin with her friend, a young, tall, blonde man by the name of Lucien he seemed good enough and had no ties to the Mikaelsons or the New Orleans witches though that did make me trust him anymore.

But there was something about him that seemed comforting...

His role was to help maintain the spell and keep the pain to a minimum. And so as Sophie cast the spell and as my water broke I held his hand tightly. Sophie delivered the first child, a boy within an hour of the spell and to all our surprise another baby, a girl an hour after she'd delivered my son. As tired as I was, immediately I took my children from Sophie and held them close. When my son opened his eyes it was like a wave of joy, while Sophie got an awkward look on her and after cleaning up the mess from the births stepped outside.

"They're cute kids, look a lot like their mother," Lucien says while he preps some food for me.

"Thanks... I just want them to be safe. If the Mikaelsons found out about me and these two, god knows what they'd do. I was a pregnant target I'm not saying this is any safer but they're here." Lucien smiles as he hands me a bowl of soup.

"I have to admit when Sophie told me about you I was a little surprised. A smart young woman like yourself getting tied up with those bastards." I look at the twins who sleep in two small cribs across the room. 

Chuckling I take a sip of the soup. "It was a one-night stand ... trust me I wouldn't have gone anywhere near them  had I not been wasted at the time." We sat talking for a couple of hours, though I'd only known for less than a day I feel like I've known him for years. His name was Lucien Lord, he was a really powerful witch and had known Sophie for about a year, she was a contact for him and his brother one she had yet to meet.

"If you ever need anything I'm going to give you my number. I want you to call me if they find you or you feel like you're in danger." Though I was flattered he was so eager to protect me. It felt almost brotherly but I wanted there to be at least one person I could trust.

"Thank you, Lucien."

"Please call me Luc."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Does she suspect anything?'

'No I don't believe so, she has a naturally hard time trusting people.'

'Do you think we've put those children in danger.'

'I sure as hell hope not, but she'd die before she let anything happen to those kids.'

'If they find out about those kids especially after Hayley, god only knows what they'll do.'

'I'm going to protect her with my life. If they so much as harm a hair on her head I will make sure they suffer greatly for it.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two months later