Angel's Mercy

I was speeding down the highway fielding calls left and right from my brother's, whose car I stole the keys to, and Hayley and Elijah. Savannah who was asleep in the backseat had only asked a couple of questions as to where we were going. Esther was a powerful witch and if they were going to take her down I wanted in. Of course, I would have had no idea where they were if I hadn't put the Find My Friends app on Klaus' phone when he wasn't looking.

Stopping my car in front of the cemetery, leaving my sleeping daughter in the backseat. Putting a protection spell over the car to prevent her from leaving or being taken, and without another moment's hesitation I sprint off to the cemetery to help save my friends. Sprinting past rows and rows of crypts following the draw of Esther's magic. This body swapping spell has a draw unlike anything I've ever felt and the feeling in my gut told me whatever was going wasn't good.

Finally, I stop dead when I see Esther at the altar with a very scared Rebekah pleading with her stop the spell.

"Rebekah!" She turns to me looking more scared than I've ever seen her.

"Reagan?! What are you doing here??" I make my way over.

"Clearly I'm here to kick ass and send your mother back to hell where she belongs. Because clearly you people can't do it yourselves." I retort sarcastically gesturing to Esther who simply smirks at my presence.

"Ah, the young woman that interrupted the dinner with Elijah and Niklaus." I give a mocking wave in response. I'm about to make a sarcastic comeback however I see the white oak stake and understand why she was so nervous.

"Is that the-"

"Yes, yes it is." And suddenly my face mirrors hers in the amount of fear written on our faces.

"Oh, shit this was a terrible idea."

"MOTHER! Stop the spell!" A voice I'm all too glad to hear yells out. When I turn to my left he's right beside me, a flood of relief washes over me. "You and your traitorous son."

The young man that stands behind her looks incredibly nervous. I realize it's Kol, I remembered Esther mentioning another son that had jumped into a new body but I didn't realize this was him.  "Nik, I didn't know anything about it, I swear."

Esther turns to him realizing what's happening. She smiles as she turns to him.  "Oh, good. I'm glad you two boys are friends again. I did wonder what you'd been up to in your time away. Now, I know."

Klaus yells through gritted teeth.  "Stop the blasted spell!" 

"I'm afraid that's impossible."  The adrenaline and magic coursing through my veins, I had to try and do something.

"Anything is possible." He steps in front of Rebekah. "Take me instead." 

Rebekah and I both yell in unison.  "Nik, no!" 

"If only you'd taken my offer when it was still mine to give! Unfortunately, you've left me no choice but to make a... deal with Mikael." The pit in my stomach keeps growing deeper and deeper

Rebekah and I turn to each other looking absolutely terrified.  "Mikael?" Klaus and Kol both look mutinous. He turns to me and nods, I start reciting a spell under my breath that that was aimed at knocking her out. But the harder I tried, the more I realized she was protected and that my spell wasn't working. Blood trickling down my nose forces me to stop and try to regain my composure.

"When Finn and Kol went missing, I needed a new ally."  She looks at Klaus, a look of disdain crosses her face.   "All he wanted was the right to kill you." Klaus, overwhelmed, turns away from them to think.  "Kol, I would ask you to deliver the stake to your father, but it seems your loyalties have been compromised."