In Comes the Reaper

Brandon

Brandon

"What do you mean they're gone?!" Freya panics as she paces the room. I roll my eyes knowing of my sisters choices, though I knew as Freya did, her efforts would be fruitless. There was a time I hated them, and I believed it was my mission to weaken them for my mother. But seeing how they acted, how they fought, and how they loved I know it was worth getting to know them.

"When my mother has been dealt with they can come home, but Freya, you know they're not safe."
I roll my eyes as I watch her from the doorway, setting up a spell.

"Nowhere is safe from Dahlia, and we have no chance of ending her without those children." I raise an eyebrow, she pauses knowing she's slipped up.

"What exactly are you saying?" My mood slowly souring.

"Dahlia is protected by powerful magic. We've collected the items that represent her weaknesses." I nod, having been informed of the collection of the items.

"Ok, and?"

"I'm going to set up a "killing ground" where Dahlia will be rendered mortal, but we need to lure her there." I give her a tight-lipped smile, not liking what she's implying.

"Are you implying we use my niece and nephew as bait?" She pauses setting up her spell, however, she remains speechless which I take as a yes.

"Are you fucking kidding me Freya?! You know that no one would allow that! Convenient you asked for me and not Elijah."

"I'm sorry but neither can be reasoned with when it comes to their children."

"You honestly can't believe anyone would allow you to do this!"

Freya grows impatient with my protests.
"What I believe is that you will all do what is right for those kids. There is no other way to keep them from enduring the what I did under the slavery of a tyrant."

I storm over and grab her wrist, forcing her to turn and face me.
"You are not the only one to endure hell under my mother." Her face pales but remains blank.

"Of course, if my mother dies you'll be free. So don't paint your motives as entirely selfless, because we both know that's crap." I turn to leave.

"If you can't bring them back here, I will find them myself. As I said, there is no other way."

————————————————
Lucien

Camille has called me asking for me and Elijah to meet her at Rousseau's. As Brandon was off visiting with Freya and my sister was off god knows where in the Bayou I decided it was worth the trip. Rixton was doing god knows what and so I decided not to bother with him.

The day was young and yet I had a gut feeling something was going to go wrong. Though, I didn't know when or where, something was going to go wrong. With Dahlia on the loose and Klaus daggered for god knows how long it wasn't surprising.