Blood of the Past

Yesterday

Luc stared at the bloody puddle on the map with a slight twinge of guilt. His sister had just fled the room, extreme sadness, and distress written all over her face. He'd kept his mouth shut but it was his fault the spell had failed to find his niece. She didn't need to be distracted with thoughts of her daughter, and so he muttered a counterspell low enough that she couldn't hear.

And so when she left the compound, he cleaned off the map and cut his own palm. Muttering the spell and feeling the magic flow through his veins he watched as the blood drops made their way to a place he knew all too well.

Baton Rouge, Louisana.

The 1850s were an interesting time. The three of them hadn't been together in quite some time and when the brother's had heard about their sister's growing empire they wanted to see for themselves. But it was when they arrived in the city, they learned they weren't the only ones interested in seeing their sister. They were greeted with the unsettling news that the Mikaelsons had come to do business and that their sister had gotten into bed with their ward, a young man by the name of Marcel. They'd tried to hide as best they could but in the but in the end, they were discovered by their sister and the Mikaelsons. And for a short time, everything seemed to be great as they reconnected, but as all good things do they come to an end.

Mikael had come and again he had tried to take the happiness away from them.

However, that's beside the point and as fast as I could I gather supplies I might need to take down whoever was holding my niece. I didn't want anyone knowing where I was going, they had enough going on, I would be there and back before anyone noticed I was gone. It was an hour and fifteen minutes, however, I had a feeling whoever has had my niece for the past ten years wouldn't give her up so easily.

But my sister wants her daughter back so help me god I'm going to do the best I can...

The place has certainly changed since the 1850s, it's nice though. Although the map led me here I didn't have a damn clue where to start looking. That was until I remembered I'd had people keep an eye on the house Reagan had here. Shutting the door to the SUV it's plainly obvious someone's been staying here. Of course, we pretty much abandoned the house but I didn't expect someone to move in. Walking up the steps, the nervous pit forms in my stomach, the grass was cut the colors on the house had been touched up. But this only served to harden my resolve, I wanted my niece and I wasn't leaving without her.

Knock..... Knock... Knock

With each knock on the door, I no longer feel any nervousness but a strong determination. The door opens slowly and the person that opens it makes my jaw drop. She was a beautiful little girl, dark wavy hair with green eyes and freckles; I realized I was standing face to face with my long lost niece. Quickly recovering from my shock and replacing it with a very calm smile, kneeling down to be on her level she doesn't seem to look at me like a threat.

"Hello sweetheart, My name's Luc I'm new to the area and was looking for some directions. Do you live here with an adult? A mom or an aunt?" She smiles brightly and nods.

"Yea! She's my mom, I can go get her." When she says mother it's a gut punch to the chest. Whoever this bitch is, doesn't know what she's taken away from my sister and I'll make damn sure they pay. She smiles and walks off to go find the person she calls her mother, leaving the door wide open and giving me a glimpse into the house I know well so long ago. Much of it remains the same, from the ornate decorations to the furniture and colors of the walls.