Chapter 63

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone likes this story. If they do please vote, comments and become a fan. It would really mean a lot.

Thank you! :)

********************************************************************************************************************

“Can he see me?”Mitzi breathed the words so lightly that even Darius had to strain to hear her.When he didn’t reply right away, she let out a shaky sigh followed by a small whimper.

“No.” Darius walked over to Mitzi and gently put his hands on her upper arms so that he could focus his gaze more intently at her.“He can’t.”

“But if he is inside of you…” Mitzi’s violet eyes were wide and big and Darius studied the little flecks of gray and amethyst that gave them their unique color.His eyes were fiery blue, deep like burning sapphire as he looked at her.Her bottom lip was trembling.“…if he….”

Darius rolled his eyes, breaking his stare on Mitzi.“No, Mitzi, it isn’t like that.Brady can’t see or hear or feel anything that I can.I have possession of him, but I don’t necessarily carry him around with me.But he is readily available to me if I decide to torture him.”

“Where do you keep him?”

Darius broke into loud laughter at Mitzi’s innocent question.He loved her, everything about her, right down to her naiveté.When he turned her, he would have so much to teach her.She was not at all prepared for life as a vampire, that was for certain.She was just so innocent and Darius knew deep inside that it wasn’t going to change anytime soon.After everything that the poor girl had been through, if she was this innocent still, she always would be.

There was no real way that he could explain to her what happened to the souls a vampire possessed.Her harmless little mind would never comprehend it.If she couldn’t understand vampirism in general, she’d have no hope of grasping the magnitude of his power.When he looked back down at her she remained just as she was before, curious, wide-eyed, and afraid.Darius put his hand up to rest the backs of his fingers against the smooth skin of her delicate cheek before he took her chin in his hand.He bent down to kiss her on the top of her head.When he spoke it was into the sweetness of her hair.“Brady can never harm you again.He can’t see you, he can’t even see me unless I reveal myself to him.But it isn’t how you would think.It is much, much different.”When he looked down at her again, she was trembling a little.She lowered her face to look down.“I can hurt him more now than I could when he was alive.That is all you need to know.”

“But – but you…” Mitzi was having trouble getting the words to go past her mouth.She shuffled her feet and Darius instantly noticed her sudden apprehension.

“What’s wrong, Mitzi?”

“You said you – ate – all of him.” Mitzi cringed when Darius let out a sharp sigh.

“Does that frighten you?”Darius knew that what he did was something he should have never let Mitzi find out about, but she knew now and he was stuck having to explain it.Or did he have to explain it?He was a powerful vampire, she just a small human.He owed her nothing.Yet, when she looked at him that way….

“You frighten me, Darius.”

“Why?After all these years and you still fear me?” Darius seemed upset and Mitzi winced.A tear fell from her eye.“You know I never want to hurt you or do anything like that to you.You must know!Have I touched you violently at all in the last twenty years?Have I?”

Mitzi gasped.“I’m sorry.It is just so-.”

“What?So what?”

“Did you really eat all of him?More than just his blood?”