Chapter 11

Zane found Virginia in the kitchen as it was now morning.He stormed through the doors suddenly, nobody was expecting it.When they saw him coming, many ran and hid.He was very, very angry.His black eyes glinted deep red and he was sneering viciously.When he found Virginia, he eyed her with such malice that all she could do was drop her spoon as her face contorted into an expression of sheer horror.It landed with a dull thud and pancake dough splattered across the floor.She knew what she had done.And she knew that Zane also now knew.

Her plan had been perfect.How could it have gone wrong? She had gotten so many people in on it that it was foolproof. Bree didn’t have a lot of friends where as Virginia had many.Bree would look guilty with thirteen people against her, all with the same alibi. And Zane never really noticed who was friends with who.Up until now, he could have cared less.

“VIRGINIA!!!” Zane screamed her name.It was a horrible sound, a growl, a roar like a beast.He found her easily as everyone backed away from her. Zane then turned towards her, raging.She tried to flee but he caught her in a second.Just as she had gotten to the back door he was on her, his arms trapping her in as he held the door shut.He could feel her trembling. This evil, evil woman!He would make her pay, and pay dearly. He hissed in her ear. “You’re blood is strong.It has power.Your power will now be mine!And when Bree is my wife - and a vampire - she will feed on you, too, as will our child. How do you like this? It will be great fun, too bad Bree is gentle and innocent.I, however, am not! You will suffer with the rats for the rest of your miserable life!” He spat the last words into her ear.He was so angry that there was venom in his mouth and when it landed in Virginia’s ear it burned like acid.She cursed. Zane slammed her into the door. “You will apologize to Bree.”

“Never!”

“You will apologize to her!”

“I will never!I hate her!You will just torture me anyway.I will not put myself beneath that mouse!”

He whispered into her ear. “You already have.”

Zane then dragged Virginia across the kitchen, kicking and screaming. He told the rest of her clan to run for their lives, he was long overdue for a good hunt. He’d kill them, mercilessly, leaving Virginia all alone and friendless - in hell.

And when he got her beneath the castle in the loneliest, darkest cavern, he tortured her so intensely that her screams could be heard up above in the slave quarters - as a warning.