Chapter Thirty Three Questions

Natalie's POV

  "Ok Mrs. Horan, what were your where bouts this evening?" The officer asks.
  "I went to the club with some friends and my husband." I explained.
"Would your husband be willing to agree with your where bouts?" He asks.
"Yes. So can my friends." I say as I grit my teeth.
"Ok, so who would have a motive to want your kids?" He asks.
"Are you guys that stupid? My brother told you guys that it was our mother Trisha Malik." I yell.
"Ma'am, I need you to calm down. I know what your brother told us, but I have to ask you these questions in case if there was anything your husband and brother may not mention." He explains.
"Fine. It was my mum Trisha Malik. She is mad because back in London, she was arrested for running me over and speeding off." I say as I cross my arms.
  "I have one last question for you. Is there any problems going on at home? Like, argument wise?" He asks.
  "No not really. Niall and I get along really well. Tonight we did have a huge argument about him kissing another girl and me walking out of the pub. But I would never do anything to hurt him." I explain. 
  After a few more questions, he had all the information from me that I had.
  "Ok than. Well, I think that's all the questions I have for you right now from you. I just need to speak to Niall and Zayn." He says looking at his notes. I nodded and left.
When I got to mine and Niall's room, I overheard him and Zayn talking about what happened.
  "Ok, so what's going on between you two?" Zayn asks.
  "Well, when we were at the pub, this chick kept on trying to hit on me. I told her to back off and that I was married. She wouldn't take the hint and she started making out with me. I tried pushing her off, but she wouldn't let go of me. I wanted to tell Natalie but she's too pissed." Niall says.
  "I'm sure she's gonna get over it. But Niall, were you drunk enough to go along with it?" Zayn asks.
  "No. I was tipsy. Not drunk. I know the difference between when I am past drunk and when I am tipsy." Niall said.
That's when I smiled. Before they could say anymore, I walked into the room.
  "Ok guys. They want to speak to Zayn." I say as I walked in.
  "Ok. I'll be back." He says as he got up to leave.
Once Zayn left, Niall tried to explain everything to me.

Niall's POV

"Natalie, can we talk about this?" I asked a couple minutes after she came in.
"You can save it. I heard you and Zayn outside the door when I was about to walk in." She explains.
"Y-you did? What all did you hear?" I ask knowing it would probably only be the last part.
"I actually heard the whole thing. How you were trying to push her off when I saw you." She says with a smile.
"How come you ran out? I was scared about you." I explain.
"When James and I were looking for you and the others, I saw you. I didn't know what to think. I was really hurt when I saw you two. That's why I ran out."
"I'm sorry Nat. I really am. I was thinking of you when I was telling her that I was married but she wouldn't leave me alone. I only love you." I explained.
"I love you to Niall. I'm actually glad we did have this argument. That way we could have tried stopping my mum." She says as her smile fades.
"I know. I should have thought about it when I heard them crying in a big dark van. But I didn't know it was them."
"It's not your fault Niall. How were you supposed to know?" She asks.
"I don't know. I just feel guilt." I say beginning to tear up.
  Before Natalie could answer, Zayn walked in. He looked like he was crying throughout the questioning.
  "Do they want to question me?" I ask meeting his gaze.
  "They said that they don't." He says quietly as he sat down.
  "But, why did he-"
  "I'll call you guys when I get some more further information from the hotel." The detective says before he showed himself out of the suite.
  "What was that all about?" I asked looking over at Zayn.
  "That mans mine and Natalie's father." He says again quietly.