CHAPTER 24

"Atlas! You're finally back!" Gwyn said entering my dorm room and jumped on me.

Emelia and Olive filed in after her. It was so nice to be back and see all of my friends again.

"Why didn't you at least call us first? Are we not important to you anymore?" Emelia joked.

"I forgot. Sorry," I laughed. I was going to them about what happened on my way back and about the encounter with Ben but I brushed them aside.

"Hey, Atlas, are you okay?" Olive asked me.

At first, I had no idea what she was talking about. But then I guessed that Zoe probably called to warn them and told them everything.

I was okay until you asked, I wanted to say, but she sounded sincere and I didn't want to hurt her feelings. Olive is probably the most fragile person in our group of friends, then me second after her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why won't I be?" I put on a smiley mask to cover up the lies on my face.

They did not look convinced though.

Gwyn hugged me tighter.

"Hey, where is Avery anyway?" I said trying to break the awkwardness.

"He went home early for Thanksgiving," Gwyn replied.

That makes sense.

After a little bit more talking, I gave them their presents. They all thanked me and I asked them if I could take a nap and have a moment to myself. They left with a caring expression on their faces, like a mom would when her child is sick.

I left a bag of presents for Avery on his bed. Then I went to sit on my bed.

I looked outside to see Ben in the parking lot carrying groceries. Is he not planning on going home for Thanksgiving break? I decided not to think about it much and went to sleep.

♡♡♡

2 DAYS BEFORE THANKSGIVING

The Dean has called me to go see her and congratulate me.

Her office was nice and big, it looked almost like a president's office. She had some vintage painting hanging around her office and one of my painting, too.

"Mr. Davenport, you have made us so proud," she started. "In my years of being a Dean here in Boston University, you are one of the many few who were able to accomplish such marvelous accomplishment."

"Thank you, Ma'am."

"Now, are you sure you do not want to attend a semester in Paris? It would be a great opportunity for you."

"I am still thinking about it, Ma'am," I lied. My parents would never pay for my expenses nor allow me to go to Paris because they did not approve of my association with art.

"Well, if you do change your mind. The spot is yours."

"Thank you, Ma'am." I sounded so much like a robot.

It was nice to be acknowledged by the Dean. Then she wished me a safe trip home.

I went to the girls' dorm and wished my friends a Happy Thanksgiving and we all hugged.

When I got back to my dorm, I packed some clean clothes and dirty laundry for home.

There is something that is bothering me. Something about myself. About my identity. Who am I?

Even in the car going home, I kept thinking about the same thing.

Then I decided to come to term with myself and agreed that I have to tell my parents about everything because I can no longer live in this white lie.

♡♡♡

1 DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING

All I did last night after I got home was staying in my room and sleep.

It is the most comfortable to sleep in my own bed, although I am not complaining about the bed in New York.

Peyton entered my room and I handed her her presents. She thanked me and left to put the snow globe in her collection. My sister really liked snow globes for some reasons and she got a big collection of them. I also got her some other accessories and souvenirs from New York that I think she will like and Zoe helped me picked them out.

It was a nice and relaxing day for me. As I said, nothing much happens in this blue neighbourhood.

But something is about to happen tomorrow.

Though I am ready for whatever is going to happen because I have already done the hardest part.

I think.

♡♡♡

To be continued...