CHAPTER 13

"So what's going on in New York?" Gwyn asked.

It was nice to hear from her because I missed hanging out with my friends. I mean I only have one day left after today in New York.

"Oh, you know. Not much really," I lied.

"Really? Because there have been pictures going around of 'the mysterious boy who is going around New York with Troye Sivan' and that boy looks an awful lot like you."

"What?!"

"Yeah. Have you not been keeping up with the news?"

"No. It was just yesterday."

"So, it was you."

"Yes, fine. It was me. But we didn't do anything."

"Nothing? Not even a kiss?"

"No."

"A hug?"

"Gwyn."

"I'm just kidding. Hey, so listen. My cousin is going to New York to look for a place to stay, can she stop by at your place?"

"Um... sure. I don't think Mr. Thompson will have a problem with it." Why did I say yes?

"Thanks, babe. I'll tell her where you are. See ya."

"Yeah."

Gwyn hung up the phone.

I asked myself why I agreed to her request again. Her cousin is... something else. She used to have a crush on me when we were in high school. I was a sophomore and she was a senior. Whenever we hang out she would always pinch my cheeks and tell me how cute I am. I am not a baby.

I opened my laptop to look up news, and as Gwyn said, there was a blurry picture of me and Troye coming down the escalators at the Mall. The picture was so blurry that you could hardly tell it was us.

I watched the video. The headline was:

"More scandals from Troye Sivan! Spotted at the Mall with a random guy."

"...But Emma, Troye's manager took on Twitter and posted a picture of Troye laying in bed, sick, with a caption: 'Troye has been sick since the Boston concert and hasn't been out and about anywhere in New York...' Awe, poor Troye. Let's hope he gets better soon..."

After the news that they had twisted so much, someone was rapping on the door with their knuckles.

I shut my laptop and went to answer the door.

The moment the door was opened, a woman body attacked me. I fell back on my butt.

"Zoe! Yay..." I said.

She got off me, "I am so glad you let me stay the night, Atlas. Thank you so much, Babe." She grabbed her bags and two luggage and entered my apartment.

"Yeah... yeah..."

Then she set her stuff down next to the couch and went to the fridge. "Do you have anything to eat? I am starving, haven't had anything this morning." She took out a half sandwich I had this morning and some orange juice and took the whole couch.

"Um... make yourself at home," I said.

Zoe was lost in her TV world so I went back on my laptop.