CHAPTER 27

My mouth tasted bitter.

I went to pay the extra fined for staying over at the dormitory.

I really need to get out of this place. Twice I have run into naked people in the bathroom, although I'm not really going to complain about Ben. He has the perfect body and the perfect face that goes with it and the perfect--

I went to the art studio to relax my mind. Painting reduces my stress a whole lot. It makes me feel at ease.

Professor van Der Wald had covered everyone station with a clear tarp so that nothing will gather dust.

I took off the tarp from my station and sat on the stool, studying my "masterpiece" that Professor van Der Wald had instructed weeks ago.

In the painting, there was a single blossomed pink lotus flower in an empty infinite pool. Sitting on the lotus flower was a stunning fairy, her hair golden and long, her wings were glowing transparent.

No. I decided. This is not a masterpiece. I took the canvas off of the stand and replaced it with a new one without bothering to finish it.

An idea sprang up in my head.

I picked up a pencil and started tracing on an image that I had thought of on an 84×50 canvas. This will be the largest painting I've ever done.

After I finished outlining everything, I squeezed colors onto the wooden pallet. With a brush, I started to paint.

I stroke the brush side to side against the surface of the canvas, added colors and life to the boring white canvas.

I let myself get lost in the world of colors.

I paint and paint and paint and paint.

The sun that had risen earlier slowly sinking behind the sky. A beautiful combination of orange and pink covered the sky where the sun is leaving. It was so beautiful. I decided to mimic the sunset onto my painting as best I could.

I put away everything. And after that last stroke of the black inked pen to sign my name on the portrait, I stepped away from the painting and allow myself to absorb every color on it.

This painting became my largest painting and the most colorful one. I have used every color on the rainbow and every color that mankind has discovered.

I have painted my dream.

In the painting, I stood in between the golden angel with blue wings and the boy bursting in colors, our hands intertwine. We stood before the crossroad. On one side I have painted the winged people land and on the other, I have painted the colorful land.

Now, this is a masterpiece material.

♡♡♡

I was sitting in my room going over the celebrity news again. I hate myself for still caring about Troye, it's like I'm still waiting for him to come by. Then I heard rapid knocks on the door.

I made my way to the door after pausing the movie.

Ben stood outside with a towel and his swimming apparels in his hands.

"Ben! What's up?" I said, surprised at his presence.

"Hey, Atlas. I was just wondering if you'd like to accompany me in the pool? I kinda need a timekeeper," he said shyly.

"Sure. I would love to help."

"Great!" he said.

And we made our way to the pool.

♡♡♡

It was a bit cool in the indoor pool facility, I rubbed my hands against my arms

It was a bit cool in the indoor pool facility, I rubbed my hands against my arms. Ben offered me his sweater after he noticed how easily cold I was.

His smile warmed my heart.

I waited for him beside the pool when he went to change in the locker room.

I felt myself blushing when Ben walked out of the room with only his speedo on, his goggles around his neck.

"Ready?" I asked.

He smiled, "Yeah," and jumped into the pool off of the board.

Ben was doing some exercises in the pool as I was watching him. Damn, he looks so good.

Then he retracted from the water and went onto the springboard. Water is dripping down his body making me think bad thoughts. I felt myself biting my lower lips.

"I'm ready when you are!" I gave him a signal.

Ben turned toward me and gave me a thumb up. Then he proceeded to put on his goggles and jumped in.

I pressed the timer the second he hits the water surface. Ben became one with the water. His arms stroking through the water, free-styling. I stared at the timer while simultaneously keeping my eyes on Ben.

I pressed my thumb on the button the moment Ben reached the other side of the pool.

I hand him the towel to dry himself.

"How was I?" Ben asked.

"Look at it yourself," I said smiling and showed him the timer.

"47.02! That's beating my record for the 100 m freestyle!" he shouted gleefully and wrapped his arms around me. He smelled of chlorine water, his skin soft but firm and cool from the water.

Then Ben pulled away and jumped in the water again. He was floating on his back and spitting out water from his mouth mimicking a whale. It was funny but a bit gross at the same time. I laughed.

I could see the kid inside of him. I went to dip my legs in the pool, watching Ben as he was celebrating his accomplishment.

I splashed water at him. That wasn't so smart of me at all because Ben crossed over the pool toward me and pulled me into the water with him. I let out a yelp. My clothes all wet. Then Ben and I started to splash water at each other like kids at the beach. We shared a laugh and I got some chlorine water in my mouth, too.

When it started to get too cold for me, I got out of the pool and grabbed a towel to keep me warm. Ben followed me.

We were just looking at each other and laughed. I felt myself shivering so hard. Ben stepped closer to me. He parted my hair away from my face. And closer he comes again.

Ben reached out his hand to my chin and gently lifting it up.

I closed my eyes. My heart is pumping so fast I had forgotten about the cold.

I parted a gap between my lips when I felt his cool breath brushing against my nose and--

"Atlas?" A voice called from behind me.

Ben an I jolted away from each other and face the voice.

"Mom?" I said surprised. "What are you doing here?"

♡♡♡

To be continued...