CHAPTER 22

(For a better experience, play the video at the beginning here and read on.)

"Are you sure you're going to be able to drive back to Boston yourself?"

It was the next morning. I woke up the most tired I have ever been. I decided that I have to leave New York as soon as possible.

The rain from last night continued. It was a gloomy morning. Zoe has stayed in my apartment helping me pack--or rather she packed for me because I wasn't able to even lift a finger last night after what had happened.

I have seen a lot of movies about heartbreaks with my friends but it's so much worst when you are experiencing it yourself.

I checked the time on my phone. "Yeah, of course, I can. I mean it is my last day, and I have to go pick up my art supplies at the studio."

Zoe pulled me over and gave me one last hug. "Drive safe, okay?"

I nodded. "Thank you for everything."

♡♡♡

Mr. Thompson said he would transfer the money into my account in a couple of days. I shook his hand and he wished me farewell.

It was hard driving in the rain. Everything felt like they were underwater. The only noises were from the rain and the windshield wipers.

After what seemed to be the longest time ever, I finally reached Massachusetts. I paid for the tollbooth and drove off without getting a change for my 20.

The rain has followed me over from New York. I am closer to the University now. There were not that many cars on the road, no one probably wants to be out when it is raining.

I turned on the radio because the sounds of the rain only make me want to sleep. Troye was on the radio. Sadness is coming back to me. I switched the channel but Troye was still on. I switched it once again and all there is was Troye.

Troye. Troye. Troye. TROYE.

Annoyance replaced the sadness, I switched the radio once more, swearing that if another one of Troye's song is on, I will smash the radio into small bits. Closer (ft. Halsey) by The Chainsmokers was on. I smiled like a maniac and turned on the volume.

Then, the next thing I know when I look back up on the road was a black BMW convertible in front of me.

I stepped on the brake and turned the wheel. The car went around and made a complete 360. I closed my eyes and let out a terrifying scream. My voice harmonized with the car horn and thunder.

My head smacked against the wheel, and I fell into oblivion.

♡♡♡

To be continued...