CHAPTER 29

I hopped in the car and turned the key in the ignition.

I wasn't about to go back to my room because I knew that my mother would have followed me. I decided to go for a drive, just enough to assure that my mother had left the campus.

I drove out of the campus into the silent night. I turned on the radio but nothing good was on, so I plugged in the aux and shuffle play my playlist for sad times.

(For a better experience, play the video at the beginning here and read on!)

I have no idea where I'm going, but right now I just need a getaway. I kept on driving.

Have you ever imagined what the sky would be like without all of the man-made lights clouding the whole city? I cannot say that I have ever seen any stars twinkling in the sky like in the romantic movies. No. All I have seen is a blank sky yearning for something to fill up its infinite space.

 All I have seen is a blank sky yearning for something to fill up its infinite space

I focused back on the road. This was a bad idea... my clothes are still a bit wet. Why I did not change first is beyond me. The warm heat I turned on help but not quick enough.

Then all of the things wrong in the world hit me at once. I pulled to the side of the road and let my ugly tears streamed down my face.

What if things had turned out differently? I would still be with my family.

Why can't I just be normal? But then again, what is normal anyway? Social expectations? That is normal, right?

Fuck it. This is just stressing me out and make me cry even more. Why the fuck am I crying? "Normal" is overrated anyway.

But I couldn't stop the tears. I let my head falls down too hard it hits the horn and let out a loud beep.

I pulled my head up. I am a mess. A fucking piece of hot mess Cheetos fries. Laughing at myself again, I wiped my face clean.

I turned the car around and head back to the University and parked where I usually do.

When I got to my room I was surprised when there was a person sitting beside my door.

"Ben?" I poked him and crouched down next to him.

Has he been waiting here all this time while I was gone? I felt bad that he was taking a short nap outside my room on the floor. This is probably the cutest scene I have ever experienced though.

Ben opened his eyes, "Atlas, you're back."

"What are you doing here? Why aren't you in your room?" I smiled.

"I thought something might be wrong," he paused. "And I want to be here for you, Atlas because I have always liked you in middle school when we used to be friends. I just don't know how you would feel so I never said anything. But, if only you would give me a chance now I would love to show you that I will never hurt you. And I don't think I will ever be okay again if I can't--"

I cupped my hands on his sharp jaws and pressed my lips against his.

Five million fireworks exploded inside of me.

Finally.

His kiss, his touches were so passionate. He makes me feel wanted. We stood up slowly while still intertwine. My hand in his golden locks.

He wrapped his muscular arms around me. So strong.

The taste of him is like the nectar of life. I wanted more of him but I have to pull away for some air.

We looked into each other's eyes and smiled. His smile is the only pure thing in this messed up world. I let my head fell onto his shoulder. I felt protected in his arms. Ben caresses his hands on my hair and body.

I feel like a child that is finally home.

♡♡♡

To be continued...