CHAPTER 2

To be honest, I do think Troye Sivan music is alright.

But it's really just not my cup of tea. He seems like a nice guy I guess but that's probably just an act he has to do to keep his fan base.

I pushed the thought of Troye Sivan aside and tried to think of what to sketch onto my sketchbook. I would like to be a famous artist someday like Picasso or van Gough. But I have no inspiration, and my parents destroyed my dream.

My parents were not really supportive of my interests; they would rather me be like one of them. Well, my mom just agreed with whatever my dad has to say. I was offered a position to go to an art school in Paris for two years. But when I came home from school to tell them about my big news, my dad and I got into a huge argument. He destroyed all of my artworks and art supplies right in front of me and told me that being an artist is only for those uneducated bunch who could not afford to do something else--a waste of time. It's a stupid hobby that will take you no-where, his voice echoed in my head, every little nasty word of his pierced into my brain cell. I had to reject the program, but they told me if I change my mind anytime, the position would still be mine.

I pushed the memories away; those memories will only hurt me more. I scribbled some lines I had drawn on the paper and crumbled the paper.

Summer has almost come to an end and it is back to college for me. My parents decided the major for me; they both thought that it would be best for me if I pursue my dad's footstep and become a lawyer.

I walked down to the kitchen to go get something to drink when a shriek from the living room caught my attention and I have to go look.

Of course, it is none other than my sister and her celebrity news. The news headline was:

Scandal! An up-and-coming superstar, Troye Sivan, caught kissing someone else other than his boyfriend on a beach in Miami

"Pfft," I said and continued talking under my breath, "I knew it. He is just like other people. What a fraud."

My sister, on the other hand, looked very disappointed. She moaned, "Noooooo. What about Troyler? Troye would never do such things! They Photoshopped it for sure."

The news reporter said, "Things was really hot and wild in Miami two days ago when an up-and-coming pop star, Troye Sivan, caught locking lips with his actor friend, Connor Franta, on the beach by a paparazzi. The only question I think we all have is where is his boyfriend, Tyler Oakley? Are they still together? This is what the singer has to say for himself, quote, 'It was just a friendly kiss. Connor and I were just playing truth or dare, you know, just me and my actor friend having a little fun hanging out. Tyler understood the situation well and we are still together. I love you, Tyler...'"

I stopped listening. Just a lame excuse, I thought to myself. There is no explanation other than the fact that he is a dirty cheat-cheat, lying, man-whore. Pig!

All of those dramas disgust me. I went back to my room with a bottle of lemonade in my hand, this summer can not be any hotter.

After a while, a series of knocks banged on my door and Gwyn entered the room.

"Hey!" Gwyn smiled.

"Hi, what a surprise? What are you doing here?" I asked with a smirk.

"I am here to get you out of your room," she said. But after I stayed silence she continued, "C' mon we are going out! It's summer. You should be out with friends not cooped up in your room like this. Besides, we have to go shopping to get ready for Troye's concert!"