CHAPTER 3

Well, that was not at all how you wanted to meet a celebrity.

Avery apologized for pulling on me and for causing me to have made a fool of myself. But I did not mind him at all.

After that, we made our way to shop for some Troye Sivan's merchandises at Hot Topic.

Right before we reached the shop, we saw Troye exited Hot Topic in new clothes--a pink sweater with his album cover printed on the front and a black pair of tight jeans. The guy was wearing his own products. He is so full of it. But, it is my fault he has to buy new clothes in the first place. He noticed us walking toward him, realizing who we were, and so he gave us an awkward smile and waved, then ran away with Emma trailing after him.

The guilt is all over me again. I hate feeling like I ruined everything for everyone.

When we entered Hot Topic, there was a crowd of people fighting for most of the stuff in the shop. I wonder why? Then I saw Troye's autographs on most of the merchandises.

Did he seriously just came in here and signed most of these products and created this chaos? Oh my God. I cannot believe that guy.

I shook my head. Troye Sivan, you little bastard.

♡♡♡

After I got home, I went straight to my room to store away the Troye's merchandises I managed to get. I did not buy as many stuff as the others because I was not really a fan of his anyway.

Then I changed into my swimsuit and made my way down to the swimming pool, where all of my friends were waiting for me.

Gwyn and Emelia were on the doughnut floaties, while Olive and Peyton were lying on the lounge chairs. Avery was the only one actually swimming. They also had music playing.

"What is this song? It's so slow and doesn't at all suit a pool party vibe," I said to no one in particular.

"SWIMMING POOLS by Troye Sivan, and it's great," Gwyn answered.

Of course. Why am I not surprised? "Don't you think we had enough Troye Sivan for today?" I said, irritated.

"What do you mean you had enough Troye for today?" Peyton asked confusingly.

"Oh, you will not believe the day we had and who we encountered today," Olives responded to Peyton.

"No way," Peyton said excitedly. "NO WAY! YOU GUYS ARE KIDDING ME!" she fanned herself frantically.

Olive nodded with a smirk.

"Tell me everything. I love Troye Sivan so much; we are going to get married and have ten kids!" Peyton said and both of them were engaged in their own conversion about Troye Sivan.

"Join in the singalong!" Emelia announced.

And they all did, except me because I did not know the lyrics--heck, I have never heard of this song before.

(For a better experience, play the video at the beginning here and sing along. Enjoy!)

"So tell me how I'm gonna get past this wave to empty swimming pools
Cause I just wanna be at the start of after loving you
I plant my feet and I clench my teeth
I can't outrun what's coming after me
So tell me how I'm gonna get past this wave to empty swimming pools

But I see a lighthouse in the distance calling my name
But I can't get there 'til I go through all of this pain
There's a glimmer of hope like an exhale of smoke in the sky
And sometimes you drain out all the shit that used to feel right
Empty swimming pools

So tell me how I'm gonna get past this wave to empty swimming pools
Tell me how I'm gonna feel less secure when I look at you
So I close my eyes and just visualize
The greenest grass on the other side
So tell me how I'm gonna get past this wave to empty swimming pools

But I see a lighthouse in the distance calling my name
But I can't get there 'til I go through all of this pain
There's a glimmer of hope like an exhale of smoke in the sky
And sometimes you drain out all the shit that used to feel right"

After the song ended, I cannon-ball into the pool and splashed the water all over my friends.

"Hey!" Gwyn yelped. "Alright, if this is how you wanna play it," she said and jumped in the water, too, and started splashing at people.

We all laughed and joined the water fight.

After a while, my mom called us in for dinner and invited everyone to stay. We exited the pool and went to clean ourselves in the shower.

At least today ended on a good note with nice hot meals, my mom is a really good cook

At least today ended on a good note with nice hot meals, my mom is a really good cook. She once joked that that was the only reason Dad had married her in the first place; the power of a spatula.

Everyone left after dinner. Mom packed extra left-over for Avery because she knows how much he liked it. After washing myself off, I went to my room to take a rest before I have to start packing for college tomorrow.

♡♡♡

To be continued...