CHAPTER 25

I woke up the next day feeling the best I have ever been.

I walked into the bathroom to look at myself. My hair a little messy. I stripped my clothes and turned on the hot water. The mist rises from the water showing it is hot enough for me to get in.

Facing the showerhead, I rinsed my hair first and pushed it back. Many thoughts floating in my head, but mainly: Are you sure you are ready to tell your parents?

I calmed my nerve by counting to fifteen. You can do it. You are strong, I tell myself. I am finally ready to answer the golden angle with blue wings in my dream about which path I am choosing.

After showered, I brushed my teeth and returned to my room.

My nerve shook me once again.

1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10... 11... 12... 13... 14... 15...

I exhaled through my mouth. But I'm not ready. No, I can do it. They are my parents, aren't they? So they have to support me no matter what.

I tried to distract myself with the media. The distraction turned out to make me feel worst.

The celebrity news headline read:

Troye Sivan spend his romantic time in New York with America's sweetheart, Connor Franta, at the Statue of Liberty

I slammed the laptop shut.

I looked outside and see leafless trees. It has gotten colder. I smelled the aroma of turkey and the Thanksgiving feast in the air. I made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

"Someone's hungry," my mom said, smiling at me.

"I can't help myself when I have a mom who is such an amazing cook," I hugged her. Then walked to the display table. "What do we have here?" I said and dipped my finger into the cranberry sauce. It was so nice and sweet.

"Atlas, use the spoon," she called.

"Don't worry I won't double-dip," I smiled and walked to the fridge and took one ice tea for myself.

Peyton was way into whatever she was watching. I went and sat next to her.

"How was New York?" Peyton asked, her eyes wide.

"Shhh. Quiet," I said glancing to the kitchen to make sure Mom didn't hear us.

"Don't worry, they already know," Peyton said.

"What?" I gasped. "But I told you to--"

"I tried my best, okay. But the Dean kept sending mails, emails, and calls and I wasn't able to keep hiding them."

I covered my face. "What did dad say?"

"Nothing yet. But, I'm sure you will find out tonight though."

"Oh, Peyton..."

"What? I really did try."

"I know, but Dad is going to kill me."

"You don't know that."

I stood up and left for my room.