CHAPTER 26

I pulled into the parking lot of the building of my dormitory.

Thankfully I have barely unpacked anything at home. I carried my luggage all at once and entered the elevator. I looked at my reflection in the elevator while waiting for it to reach my floor.

In my reflection I see a boy who is free from all his lies; I see combinations of colors bursting around him; I see him being himself, his real self, for the first time. I let out a small laugh. I must be really crazy. I guess coming out to my parents had made me go insane.

The elevator door opened and I made my way down the end of the hallway to my room. It all seemed very quiet, everyone has probably gone home.

After putting my belongings away I went to the bathroom to clean myself up.

The sounds of dripping water echoing in the bathroom. I crouched down to turn on the faucet to wash my face. When I lifted myself back up, the shower curtain behind me slid open. I jumped and turn around to see who it was.

Ben was standing in front of me, completely naked, With a towel around his neck. He looks like one of those underwear models with hot bodies. So fit. So perfect. Like a Greek God.

"I was wondering who you were," Ben said and smiled.

I turned around quickly, closing my eyes and yelped, "Ben--Oh my God, you are naked."

I heard him chuckled. "Don't worry, I don't mind."

I do. Kind of...

"All right you can open your eyes now," he said making his way towards me.

I did open my eyes and gave him an awkward smile.

"So why are you still here?" I asked him, trying to make a conversation.

Ben was fixing his hair, "Well, I don't usually go home for vacations because, as I told you earlier, I am trying to beat my swimming record. Plus, my parents are in the Bahamas."

I nodded, feeling like a child who is just nodding but have no idea what anything means.

He continued, "And I thought that I would have the place to myself like usual. So, the real question is, why are you here?"

We were so close to each other that I could feel his body heat radiating from him. "Um, nothing."

He decided not to ask questions any further, which I really appreciate.

"So, what do you do for Thanksgiving dinner?" I had to ask to break the silence.

"Well, I usually just go to some grocery stores and get some junk food and pick up some Chinese at the restaurant nearby and eat it in my room."

"Alone?"

"Yep. Why? Would you like to keep me company and be my plus one?"

I was considering it for a second, "Uh, sure. Why not?" I smiled at him.

"Great," Ben said.

♡♡♡

We made our way to his room. I sat on his bed and looked out the window while he was changing.

Ben took out some stuff from the mini-fridge and handed me the Chinese food and a bottle of ice tea.

"Thank you," I said.

"Sorry I don't have any other beverages, I don't drink alcohol or sodas," we were facing each other when he sat down on the bed.

"It's fine," I laughed. "I don't drink alcohol neither."