A1 Key

I looked back and forth at the two. My mother was pissed but Chresanto's father (even though Chres would not dare let me call him his father) had pleading eyes. Chresanto spun my mother around aggressively pulled her out then police station. I looked back at Chase.

"You deserve everything you get in prison." I fumed. I heard the crack of a gun. Then three shots fired. Two bullets pierced my side.

"Ah!" I croaked before falling on to the ground. I heard a commotion stir around me. Police officers, people on the phone, and even off duty nurses crowded around me.

"Call the ambulance!" A police officer shouted.

The last thing I heard before I passed out. God I pray to you that I survive...

Four days later...

My eyes flickered opened and adjusted to the lights. My mouth was dry and I was hungry as those hippos in that one game called "Hungry Hippos". I looked down and saw my side all patched up. I saw a doctor walk in to check on another patient.

"Excuse me!" I waved to get his attention. He looked around before looking at me. He dropped his pen and raced over to me.

"Call the main doctor and tell him Miss Rodriguez is up!" The doctor yelled. He then rushed over to the sink and poured me a cup of water. He handed it to me and watched as I drunk it all.

"How are you feeling?" The doctor asked.

"My side hurts and my stomach hurts now." I said looking down.

"Of course it does. You got shot twice in the side and the bullets pierced your stomach so thats why it's hurting right now." The doctor wrote something on his clipboard.

"Where's my family?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. I think you have a visitor though." The doctor said placing his pen behind his ear and walking out the door. I groaned and knocked my head up against the hospital bed headboard. Why do bad things always happen to me? And it always has to involve major violence! Back when it was just me and my grandmother everything was calm and collected now everything is all bark and bite. A couple of minutes later Chresanto came in with snickers and a gingerbread latte.

"Hey." Chresanto croaked. He looked terrible and sounded hoarse.

"Hey." I simply said.

"I brought you some snickers and a gingerbread latte." Chresanto put the stuff on the table next to me. I gave him a light hug and a kiss on his cheek.

"Bahja I have something important to tell you..." Chresanto rubbed his arm. I gave him a look to indicate that I was listening.

"I'm...in a gang. My fathers gang to be specific." Chresanto confessed. I wanted to rip his head off but it would be too painful. Not for him but for me. Well it would be painful for him too but my side hurts like hell so we share equal pain except his is more gruesome. But to get to the point I wanted to kill him.

"My fathers gang tried to take you out and when they find out I'm your brother...lets just say It's a wrap for me." Chresanto said.

"What the actual fuck Chres! You didn't tell me anything about a gang! You basically set me up!" I whispered but loud enough for only Chresanto to hear.

"I'm sorry!" Chresanto frowned

"I'm dead meat." I covered my face.

"You want to know the worse part?" Chresanto gulped. I wanted to say no but I wanted to know really bad so I nodded.

"Rayan will become leader and when he does...he says he's going to use you as a...a...let's just say you're going to be pleasuring him." Chresanto chewed on his bottom lip.

"I have to get out of here." I said.

"And where are you going to go Bahja? You're like what...seventeen until august?" Chresanto chuckled.

"Just leave me alone Chresanto. You already put me in danger." I threw one of my fluffy pillows.

"Damn this pillow soft as hell." Chresanto caught the pillow.

"I know right!" I giggled.

"I wonder where they got these from..." Chresanto hugged the pillows.

"Back to the real conversation Chresanto. I gotta move out of state now because your stupid ass put me in danger!" I yelled.

"Actually Bahja, Rayan has been planning this since tenth grade. This situation just made it more...realistic." Chresanto said nervously. I threw another pillow at Chresanto.

"Damn these things fluffy!" Chresanto caught it once more.

"Get out!" I screamed.

Once Chresanto left I worried even more. What if they knew where I was? What if they are plotting to kill my whole family? And the main question...What if my grandmother didn't pass away? What if she was killed.