C3 Key

I sat next to Rayan's hospital bed and held his hand. He's been out cold for two hours now and the doctor's told me he should be up soon since the bullet didn't hit anything major at all. I kissed him before getting up and slowly inching my way out the room.

"Bahja." Rayan's heart monitor sped up. I turned around and sped walk back to his hospital bed.

"Are you okay Rayan?" I sat back in the chair I was sitting in before and held his hand again.

"I'm fine. But listen Bahja, I need you to do me a favor and turn me in. I was an accomplice in killing your grandma..." Rayan sighed. My hand slipped out of his and I backed up away from him.

"You bastard!" I yelled.

"Wait Bahja! Before you go off...I just wanted to let you know that I love you but we're no good. I know you feel some type of way about me but forget how you feel. Don't get attached to me. Tell the police I killed your grandmother and let them take me away. Go live back in Atlanta and finish getting your education." Rayan sighed.

"Nigga do you really think I wasn't going to do all that? Goodbye!" I chunked up the deuces as I walked out the room. He got me fucked up if he thought I wasn't already about to do any of that. he fucking killed my grandmother! She was practically my mother! I made my way down the hall and bumped into someone accidentally.

"Mom?" I gasped.

"Hey Bahj." My mother hugged me.

"I thought you were in Hawaii..." I said when we pulled apart.

"I was until Chresanto kept on blabbing about how crazy you were now and how Zonnique was pregnant with a kid. So I asked Chresanto for your address and when I got there I saw some boys searching your house. Then I saw Jacob with a gun in his hand and some guy with two braids leave. I thought you were in trouble and figured you guys were still at the hospital so I called the police...was that a bad thing?" My mother scratched her head.

"No! You saved us right on time ma!" I hugged her once more before leading her to Zonnique's room. Chresanto held Paris while showing her what was out the room. London slept on top of a sleeping Zonnique. If she's anything like her mother, they'll probably wake up tomorrow afternoon. The doctors came in and took the girls to check them out and see if they're okay to take home. I went cross eyed before plopping on a chair. This was the most stressful time in my life. Chresanto took of his shoes, shirt, socks and got in the bed with Zonnique. My mother smiled and sat next to me. She put her head on my shoulder and dozed off. Now I'm the only one up...great. Not. I got comfortable and fell asleep in an instant.

The next morning 11:00a.m.

Everybody was up and moving around. Meanwhile Zonnique was still asleep. We were all use to this so we just adored and gushed over the babies. One thing Chresanto did wrong was attempt to wake Zonnique up to see Paris finally opening her eyes, the second one was waking Zonnique up, the third one is the same one as the first and second.

"Chresanto what time does it say on this clock right here?" Zonnique pointed to the clock next to her.

"11:04 why?" Chresanto chuckled.

"Because it's 11: don't wake me the fuck up! It's too damn early to be waking me up. So go over there and sit your crescent roll ass down. If you want to try me go 'ahead but I promise I will kill you." Zonnique said with pure venom. Chresanto gulped and sat back down next to me.

"Now if anyone else wakes me up the consequences amount to death." Zonnique turned over and fell right back asleep.

"Do you think it was the mood swings?" Chresanto asked me.

"She's definitely not pregnant anymore C." I laughed and patted his back. Chresanto slumped in his seat and felt salty. My mother adored the children on another level. Since she's also a mother of two she knows everything about girls and boys. Well not everything because no one knows everything, only a greater amount of knowledge then the other person. Anyways my mother was taking care of the girls like a true pro.

"This makes me want to have kids." I giggled. My mother's head snapped my way.

"Don't press your luck Shamoni." My mother glared. I put my hands up in defense and Chresanto laughed.

"Oh shut up crescent roll!" I spat.

"No you shut-up Bahia!" Chresanto snarled.

"No you shut up!"

"No you!"

"Both of y'all niggas shut the hell up!" Zonnique yelled loudly.

"Sorry." Chresanto and I said in unison. When Zonnique fell asleep again we continued to argue in a whisper.

"Can you guys get along for another seventeen years? I mean Bahja's birthday is coming up so that'll be eighteen years which means...you know what never mind." My mother went back to the babies.

"Ma I never got to hold them." I smiled looking at the twins. My mother carefully handed them to me and I took them into my arms.

"Man they look just like Zonnique and Chresanto but just one hundred times better." I gushed just like Chresanto and my mother. Chresanto hit my arm.