B2 Key

"Now Bahja I hope you didn't think you could just run away to another state and hide there for the rest of your life." Rayan cackled. I looked down in embarrassment because that was actually my plan.

"Wow you really thought you could do that?" Rayan scratched his head. 

"Well-"

"Enough of this stupid ass conversation! Kill Chresanto and the babies." Jacob groaned. 

"That wasn't the plan..." Rayan turned around to look at Jacob. 

"You're right. It's my plan." Jacob shot Rayan. Jacob turned his attention back on the five of us. 

"Don't move a muscle, touch anything, or call anybody." Jacob instructed. He gripped me by my arm and pulled me to the door. 

"What do you want Jacob? You said you didn't love me or want me so why do you want me now?" I asked. 

"Because of the possibilities. Now shut-up and come with me." As Jacob was about to pull me out the room we heard a gun shot and his body flung forward. The police crowded the room and checked Jacob and Rayan's pulse. 

"Afro kid is dead. Braid guy still has a pulse." One of the police officers called. I dropped to my knees and held Rayan's head. His eyes were still open and he struggled to get the words out but he said to me...

"I love you." Before I could respond the doctors picked him up and threw him on one of those emergency stretchers. Since we were in a hospital all the doctors had to do was rush him to the emergency room. Chresanto and Zonnique looked at me like I was crazy. 

"What the hell Bahja?" Chresanto screamed. 

"Why'd you even go near him?" Zonnique scoffed. Truthfully I don't know...but I had this odd attraction to him and it confused me. 

"Sorry guys...I just have this feeling in me." I sighed. 

"What kind of feeling?" Zonnique asked. 

"A love attraction..." I bit my lip. Zonnique nearly fainted while Chresanto brought a small bottle out of his jean pocket and spritz it all over my head. The bottle read "Holy Oil". Chresanto touched my forehead while mumbling some words. I pushed his hand off of me and stormed out the room. I really don't know what's wrong with me or why I was acting like this but when Ray said "I love you" it felt like he did all of this just to get my attention. He didn't intend to harm me or do anything wrong. All he wanted was my love and I didn't give it to him so he had to find another way to go. I slid down the wall and held my knees. My shoulders went up and down rapidly indicating that I was crying hard. I felt someone's presence and looked up. 

"Why you crying?" The person asked.

"Breaunna? When did you come to Washington?" I asked. 

"I came for my school break. I'm visiting my gram gram in the hospital." Breaunna said. 

"Oh..." I simply said. School...I missed it so much...surprisingly.

"Was that Rayan who I saw being rolled down to the surgery room by a mob of doctors?" Breaunna sat next to me.

"Yeah." I wiped my tears. 

"Is he your boyfriend or something?" Breaunna gave me a confused look. 

"No. Well...It's complicated." I spread my legs out forward. 

"Follow your heart." Breaunna smiled and walked back where she came from. 

"Bahja who are you talking to?" Zonnique limped out the room. 

"Breaunna." I said. 

"Whose that?" Zonnique scrunched her face up. 

"She's a girl who use to go to our school. She's a year older than us with purple hair." I explained to Zonnique. 

"Um Bahj there was nobody named Breaunna in our school...I knew everybody back then and I'm pretty sure she didn't go there." Zonnique said. I didn't believe Zonnique but I went along with what she said. 

"Let's get you back into your hospital bed. You need rest after all that pushing you did  to bring my nieces here." I helped her up and back into the room. Chresanto was sitting in the desk chair admiring his kids. As I sat near the window I wondered...who even called the police?