Chapter 1: Reunited

My Other Half

Chapter one: Reunited

When do you leave that hell hole of yours?

- Ash xx

I chuckle at my phone in my lap but quickly bring my attention back to the teacher hoping she doesn't expect anything. I grin ear to ear sneakily texting him back without looking down at my phone, a technique I mastered on the first week of freshman year. Now that I'm a senior I pretty much could write a story without looking down at my phone.

In half an hour! Don't be late picking me up.

- Bri x

Ashton texts back a few minutes later with a snarky comment about him never being late to pick me up. FYI he's late like everyday but let's be real I don't expect much from him. I watch the clock for the next thirty minutes, each minute passing by slower than the last until I hear that dreadful bell ring signalling every person in the school to push back their chairs and run out the class. Knowing all to well that it's finally Friday. I grab my books and rush out my class making sure to not run into anybody. I smile at a few of my friends but arrive at my locker in no time. Much to my surprise Ashton is leaning against it.

I run full speed dropping my books before jumping into his arms.

"How was America?" I mumble in his shoulder.

"Great. But I missed you." He says releasing his grip around my waist.

I smile but Ash just laughs as he notices my binder and textbook thrown to the floor.

"That excited huh Brianna?"

I nod my head, "It's only school books Ash it's not like anyone takes care of them." I state grabbing them and putting them in my locker.

I pack my maths homework dreading the soon to be long ass session of homework before slamming my locker shut turning to face my best friend Ashton.

"Where's Layla?" Ash questions placing his arm over my shoulder.

That's the only problem with Ash while I'm stuck in the friend zone with him he can never shut up about my best friend.

"She has some sort of extra help or something." I say pushing open the front doors.

I look over to see Ash smiling at a couple of freshman before opening get door to the school parking lot.

"Meet a lot of fans in America?" I ask, "How's the album coming along?" I ask as I approach his passenger car door.

I get in the car following Ash.

"Good we met tons. Calum was just as excited as he is when he meets a puppy so that was good-"

"Oh you just reminded me how's Calum doing?" I say interrupting Ashton's sentence.

"Good." He grumbles "Anyways the album is coming along great I can't wait to show you the final product." He says his smile lighting up.

I look away from him. His smile always gets to me and it's hard to think that I'll always be known as his best friend when I've always wanted to be known as more. Sounds stupid and pathetic but I guess that's another way you could describe me.

"Good, good." I say looking out the window.

Ash turns on the radio to our favorite radio station, we've listened to this station together since we were little kids. The only reason why Ash doesn't go to school with me anymore is because he's a year older but seriously he acts like he is ten years younger.