Chapter 9: First Instinct

My Other Half

Chapter 9: First Instinct

I woke up an hour before Layla showed up. Just enough time to get my dad's permission and to pack my suitcase and carry on. I feel awful for leaving my dad, always have and always will. But I know he'll be fine and I'll call him once a day. He never says I have to but I know he appreciates it and I do love hearing his voice and knowing he's alright.

Layla is in my room finishing some assignment that she was suppose to e-mail to her teacher by tonight because she was sick when it was due so her teacher gave her an extension. I'm currently sitting and watching soccer on the television with my dad. Our favorite team is Tottenham for the Premier League and this is our thing. We watch the games together or we keep each other updated on scores.

But much to our luck whenever we watch Tottenham play they always seem to lose so yeah they're losing 2-0 I don't tend to be that negative but well its over for them.

The doorbell goes off just as Liverpool scores another goal against Tottenham,

"God dammit Spurs." My dad growls at the television watching in disbelief of how they managed to let that goal go in. Spurs is Tottenham's short form name.

I shake my head in disbelief along with my dad before I get up and approach the door. I push back all of Layla and I's luggage to open the door and be greeted with a smiling Calum and Mikey.

"Come in I just have to get Layla. The game's on if you want to see the score and talk to my dad about it." I say watching the boys slip off their shoes.

Mikey wonders off to the living room but Calum smiles up at me before we embrace in a hug. His hugs are the best for some reason. You really feel the love and tenderness of it which I forever will love. He lets go and I nudge for him to walk in the living room.

"Brianna I already know Tottenham is losing they're playing Liverpool for crying out loud."  Calum states smirking at me cheekily.

That's the problem with Calum he likes Liverpool while I absolutely despise them. 

"Just go." I grumble to annoyed to argue with him about it.

I run up the stairs and approach my closed door. "I told you it was a dare. Just act like nothing happened okay? She doesn't know and she doesn't have to. We only have to face each other until like Tuesday. Bye Ash." I hear her throw her phone on my bed and grunt in frustration.

I open the door and I see Layla's face turn pale white like a ghost.

"Just a worker huh?" I mutter glaring at her in disbelief.

"Brianna let me explain, please."

I shake my head no, "The boys are waiting hurry up." I mumble before retreating from the door and walking back down the stairs.

Unbelievable. You know if she just told me right away that it was Ash that Jack texted I would've laughed it off and thought it off like nothing. But she made it something when she didn't tell me it was him and that hurts way more than it should have.

I walk in the living room to see the final score a big fat 4-0 to you guessed it Liverpool. I see a smile of victory on Calum's face and my dad just shaking his head in disapproval.

"They should of never gave away Gareth Bale." I mutter under my breath but my dad and the boys clearly hear me.

"Couldn't of said it any better myself sweetheart." My dad says turning off the tv and giving me a hug.

"I love you dad." I mumble in his shoulder.

"I love you more." He says finally letting go of me.