Chapter 6: You're My Rock

My Other Half

Chapter 6: You're My Rock

I walk in the kitchen with Ash and Calum leading my way. We stop in front of the island, I lean my back against it with Calum and Ash both facing me.

"Brianna." Ashton says hesitantly

I gulp down a lump in my throat. I can feel the tension in the air thicken and my nerves grow in the bottom of my stomach causing butterflies.

"You have to stick with Calum."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and Ash looks at me with sympathy written all over his face. I look over at Calum for any sort of reaction but he stares at me his brown eyes lost and filled with empathy. He looks down before I can be sure of what I thought I saw.

"We need to do this for the fans. They need to know that I'm still the same Ashton as before."

I feel a chill run up my spine causing my whole body to shiver. I look down to my shaky hands, this awful gut feeling fills my stomach.

"I don't understand what you're saying Ash . . . you're still the same." I mumble looking up to see Ash closer to me than before. He grabs my hand the nerves calming down a little inside me.

"The fans think differently Bri."

The way he says my name in some way isn't like the other times he does.

"Brianna I think it would be best if we didn't hang out anymore. You can be seen with all of the other boys but not me. We need the fans to know we aren't a thing for sure." Ashton says slowly

I look into Ashton's eyes for any sign of him joking. But there isn't a hint of one. No smile. No smirk. His eyes are dark. I pull my hand away from his grasp.

I try and register my thoughts but nothing seems to make sense.

I step back to try and grab onto the counter from behind me but I fail and fall to the ground. With all my frustrating and confusing thoughts replaying in my head I stay on the floor my body too weak to stand.

Calum rushes to my side, he grabs my little hands in his big ones and holds them close to him.

"Brianna I'm sorry. I need to do this." Ash says softly kneeling down to see if I'm alright.

The tears form in my eyes without hesitation they start falling down. Blocking any kind of vision I had. Calum rubs soft circles on my back whispering it's okay in my ear but I know it isn't.

"I hate you." I shout at Ashton "You said forever you said we would forever fight in this world together. You're a liar and I hate you for that." I scream my whole body shaking into Calum.

"Brianna I didn't mean to hurt you." Ashton says calmly standing up and looking towards the doorway.

I see a figure rushing in the kitchen. My Dad. But I'm not quite done.

"Ashton you would never do something like this to someone you love. So I've been fooled this whole time. I've loved you ever since Matt. I thought you were different but turns out you are exactly like Matt. Every freaking guy I like turns out to be a complete asshole. Am I seriously that easy to forget, to just drop?" I screech in between hiccups of tears.

This catches Ashton off guard. I just confessed to him that I've loved him. But I think the main thing that he's so thrown off by his me calling him another Matt.

"I'm not another Matt." He barks out at me his face flushing red from anger.

My dad grabs Ashton by the arm and starts pulling him out.