Chapter 2: The unspoken date

My Other Half

Chapter Two: The unspoken date

I wake up from the worst sleep ever. All the anxiousness of the previous day driving me crazy.

I reach around for my phone trying my best to feel around for my nightstand where I left it before falling asleep. I feel the edge of it and snatch it from my nightstand. I look at the time.

12:30pm

"Shit" I grumble pulling my sheets off and rolling out of bed. I'm suppose to meet Calum at his house in less than half an hour. I jump out of bed and throw my phone on it running to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

I run back in my room and pull on some black skinny jeans and a Ramones shirt. I quickly grab my phone and check the time but see a text message in its place.

We need to talk

-Ash xx

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Talk about what? Last night Ashton was all fine and dandy when we got to his car he's the one on a freaking date with my best friend.

So are you

God damn you self conscious. The thing is I wouldn't really classify this as a date like he's teaching me how to play guitar and I've always wanted to learn so it's a golden opportunity. Its just a bonus he's cute.

So why couldn't you tell Ashton then

Wait isn't a conscious suppose to be on your own side not against?

Whatever screw it.

I rush out of my room and down the stairs ignoring Ashton's text stupid text. He can wait.

I walk in the kitchen to see a note from my dad on the kitchen counter.

Had to go into work to do some paper work will be back at 7, make something for yourself.

- Love, Dad xx

Great, just great. I can already sense this perfect day. Like my dad clearly knows I never really got to learn how to cook from my mom since she died when I was so young. I have pasta and anything microwaveable down that's about it. Wait, also pancakes and waffles because who doesn't love that shit.

I check the clock on the microwave and notice it's 12:50pm.

I sprint to the door slipping on my galaxy vans and blue cardigan. I grab my keys for my Blue Mini Cooper and lock the door behind me.

I jump in my car and turn the radio on, hoping it can relax some nerves.

Much to my luck Out of my Limit is playing, one of the boy's songs.

I quickly turn it off and focus on the road.

Layla said her date with Ashton started at twelve. I wonder where he's taking her. Whenever I imagined him asking me on a date I thought he would take me to or traditional favorite ice cream shop downtown. That's where it all started I guess. I walked in there to ask for directions and I guess I asked the right person; Ashton.

I park my car in Calum's driveway to notice no other cars in it besides mine just like yesterday. I walk up the front steps and knock on the door. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket just as I knock. I quickly pull it out.

The dates going amazing :)

-Layla

Right I forgot I told her to keep me updated . . . That's such a Brianna move. Think about my someone else's feelings before my own.