Chapter 5: The Band

My Other Half

Chapter 5: The band

I wake up to feel two secure arms wrapped around my waist. So yes I'm pretty much saying spooning but I hate using that word it's way cuter than that word will ever been known for.

I let out a weak yawn and remove Ashton's arms from around me. I stand up and walk towards my bathroom.

While I'm brushing my teeth I shiver from my house feeling like the freaking North Pole. I have goose bumps running up my arms and my legs. I regret ever putting on my pajama shorts but than I also don't.

After I finish brushing my teeth I walk back in my room and open my closet to reveal one of my school sweaters. I pull it over my head and feel the warmth of it surround me. I walk back over to my bed and gently flick Ash on the head.

What?

It's 11 in the morning and he really needs to get moving because it's a Saturday and I have homework to do because my dad insists we have a father daughter day tomorrow.

Ashton lets out a soft grunt. I flick is forehead once again and watch him move around under my sheets.

"Ash wake up."

He grunts "Ten more minutes." He mumbles under the pillow.

I throw my hands in the air. This calls for desperate measures, "I won't stop flicking you until you start moving."

So I start flicking Ashton. First on the arm than the head but he still doesn't move.

"I'll just get use to it." He mutters shrugging his shoulders weakly.

I grunt in frustration, "Ash seriously."

But even with my pleading words he doesn't move. This calls for one thing and one thing only and I never do this.

"I'll make you waffles if you get up." I say.

Ashton's ears perk up at those few words and that ladies and gentleman is when I regretted ever saying those words to him.

Ashton pulls off my sheets and jumps out of my bed. "You always know how to wake me up. Now hurry Bri you're wasting time, I could be eating my waffles by now." He says way to enthusiastic for the morning while guiding me down the stairs.

"You need to calm down Ashton."

Ashton shakes his head as directly stops me in front of the stove and grabs the few ingredients to make his favorite food.

Do you see how I didn't say breakfast? Because Ashton will literally eat this whenever.

I start mixing the ingredients in a bowl and turn on my assistant waffle maker.

The funny thing is I never ever had waffles in my life until I met Ashton and he's the one that bought me this maker for Christmas.

I place a few on the plates and watch Ash set the table with syrup, whip cream and fruits.

I hear the doorbell go off and hear footsteps starting towards the door. Ashton and I look at each other but go back to what were doing before because we both just assume it's a sales person and my dad knows how to deal with them better than either of us.

As I place the waffles on the counter and sit down. Three shadows appear in our kitchen doorway with my smiling dad just behind them.

"Ash." I mumble pointing behind him.

He turns around and I watch his smile grow even wider.

"Boys?" He says "What are you guys doing here?"