Chapter 8: Everything has Changed

My Other Half

Chapter 8: Everything Has Changed

Calum

The one and only Calum. The Calum that's in that famous Australian band. The one that's best mates with my so called 'best friend'.

That one.

Don't ask me why he's at another party like this. All I know is I'm going to ruin a friendship if I kiss him and if I don't, well I'll never hear the end of this.

Layla watches me for some sort of reaction. But I stand up and nod my head in Adam's acknowledgement and walk towards the direction of Calum is in.

He doesn't notice me approach him. He's talking to couple guys that I may recognize from a few pictures Ash has showed me from parties or gigs.

I tap Calum on the shoulder. He turns around and smiles at me.

"I didn't know you'd be here." Calum semi shouts over the loud music.

He waves off his friends and they all smile at him and glance over at me curiously before walking away.

"I wasn't really planning on it but you know Layla when she has her mind set on something." I roll my eyes.

Calum laughs, "How are you?" He asks watching me closely.

Maybe to see if I'll just break down in front of him with tears or start screaming but of course I do neither. I'm done with crying and done with being mad at the world.

"Okay. I'm a bit better from you know the whole situation but not perfect. How are you?" I ask watching Calum tuck his hands in his front black skinny jeans pockets.

"Pretty good." He says smiling at me. "Haven't seen the familiar ginger with brown eyes around lately. Have you? She smiles, a lot and tends to giggle at any stupid remark?"

I smile, "Wow you look exactly like her. Only if you had the laugh." He says smirking at little at his cheekiness.

I giggle a little. What? Don't judge I couldn't help myself.

"That's her." Calum says pulling his hand out and cupping my face.

I bite my lip and smile, "I'm back."

"You were never gone Bri." Calum says.

I didn't care that he called me Bri nor that I was dared to kiss him. I wanted to now I truly wanted to kiss him.

I lean in his smile slowly fading and his eyes fluttering shut as he follows suit from my sudden closeness.

He caresses my cheek with his thumb right before our lips meet. I wrap my arms around his neck and grip onto the back of his hair.

I smile in the middle of the kiss. A guilty feeling soon arises when I start hearing the chants and the hoots from behind us.

I pull away my hands still around his neck and my face now centimeters away from his.

Calum smiles and laughs a little at the hoots and chants. "What's with that?" He mumbles clearly asking about the crazy weirdos a few feet away from us.

For some reason I couldn't say it was a dare but I really did want to kiss you or even a simple it was a dare.

"It's a party with drunk horny teenagers around what do you expect?" I say forcing a smile.

I'm a good liar but being around the person for too long just makes my guilt rader rise to the top of the chart.

Calum laughs as I take a step away. I smile and start to walk away realizing it was nothing to begin with but he stops me by grabbing my hand.