Chapter 15: Positivity vs Reality

My Other Half

Chapter 15: Positivity vs Reality

I've never really been the type of girl to cry in public or make a scene. I usually stay quiet and wait until I get home to cry my eyes out. But today. Today was different. Life is unfair, so god damn unfair. The people burning and crashing in this world are the ones that never deserve it. But in the end, who really deserves it?

I didn't deserve this.

Calum didn't deserve to find me like this.

Matt didn't deserve to be the breaker of bad news.

No one deserves anything but in that moment their the ones having to fight through and just do it.

I've been silent ever since Calum found me. He took my hand, forced me to walk to my room and talk to Layla. I didn't say anything to her though so Calum had to break the news. Which made the tears reform in my eyes. Layla cried with me. My dad is like her second dad, we're her second family. We cried until we had to leave for the airport. Calum held my hand throughout the whole ride to the airport and ever since we got in this plane.

Calum didn't deserve to find me like that. After everything. After last night.

{Flashback}

Someone comes running to my side.

"What's wrong?" They scream urgently.

"Coma." I mutter feeling my whole body start to collaspe.

"Who?" They scream at me again.

I take a sharp breath in, hoping its all a joke. A dream but I know after saying his name . . . it won't be.

"Who?" They scream.

"My dad." I mutter a loud sob escaping my mouth.

I look up and see Calum frozen in place. His mouth ajar from shock.

Another sob escapes my mouth causing Calum to zone back into me. I place my hand over my mouth trying my best to muffle the sound. Calum sits beside me softly pulling my shaky hand away from my mouth. His features soften as he stares at my face, carefully wiping away the continous tears falling down my cheeks. Another sob escapes my mouth and my lip quivers in reaction. Calum stares at me longingly. He doesn't say anything. He just opens his arms and I fall into them. Feeling his arms wrap around my tiny waist. I wrap my arms around his torso and cry on his shoulder. He rubs soft circles on my back soothing me ever so slightly.

"Bri?" Calum finally speaks.

I take a deep breath in, weakly pulling away and lean on his shoulder.

Calum continues, "I'm here. Whatever you said last night means shit all to me right now." He mutters.

I lift my head up and smile gratefully at him. He stands up and I follow feeling the weight of this whole situation just get a little lighter.

Calum grabs my hand and squeezes it softly. I look up at him and smile. Knowing for the next couple of hours he isn't going to leave my side.

{Flashback over}

From leaving the hotel to getting on the plane. It's all been a blur.

"This is your captain speaking. We have landed safely in Sydney, Australia so please proceed out of the plane in an orderly fashion. Thank you and have a nice night."

Until now. I'm back in Australia. The place I now call home, but as of right now. It doesn't feel like home. Instead of going home to the comfort of my own bed and warm house I have to go to a dark wary hospital where the best news told is bearing a new child into the world. But that's not the type of hospital I'm going to. I'm going to the emergancy one, where people are barley alive and families hear heartbreaking news on a daily.