Chapter 24: Waffle Banter

My Other Half

Chapter 24: Waffle Banter

I wake up to the sound of bangs of pots and pans downstairs and remember my surroundings and the boy beside me.

"Calum?" I whisper wiping the sleep out of my eyes.

His body fidgets under the blankets before his voice cracks and lets out a quiet yes.

"You're parents are home?" I ask.

"My mom and sister. Their probably making breakfast and I'd rather not make my mom wake us up so we should start moving." Calum whispers before turning to face me in bed.

"Okay." I whisper moving out of the bed.

Ever since the whole accident Calum has left me a drawer where I can put some of my clothes in or my favourite clothes of his that I tend to wear at night. Like his nasa shirt, even though it's from the night of I can't help but still love it.

I brush through my hair and bring it up in a messy bun before slipping on some black leggings and a plaid shirt. Calum walks back in from the bathroom to be wearing an identical male version of my red and black plaid shirt and some black skinnys.

Calum grunts, "We can't match that's so cliche."

"Well I'm not changing." I state crossing my arms over my chest.

"Neither am I." Calum pouts.

Before the argument can get any stupider Mali walks in.

"Breakfast is ready. Awee don't you two look adorable matching and all." She gushes.

Calum and I both grunt.

"Okay fine." Mali states rolling her eyes. "You guys look awful matching. Just hurry up and move your butt before mom comes up." She expresses giving Calum a death glare.

Calum gestures his arms out for me to proceed before him out his bedroom door. I follow and walk down the steps where I meet a platter of waffles on the table and a fruit salad.

"Yum thanks mom." Calum pipes up behind me kissing his mother on the cheek before sitting down.

Mali clears her throat loudly sending a glare to Calum.

"Yeah thanks Mali."

I sit down beside Calum and watch as he picks up two waffles and covers it in syrup and whip cream. Mali and I both share rolls of eyes together before bursting out in laughter.

"What?" Calum asks looking up from his plate with a mouth covered with whip cream.

Mali and I continue laughing hysterically.

"Mooommm." Calum whines pouting.

Calum's mom chuckles at him, "You brought it on yourself sweetie." She remarks gesturing all around her mouth.

Calum wipes off the cream on his face with his napkin and turns around to face me.

"Happy?" He asks dramatically.

"Very." I remark winking at Mali before picking up my own napkin and wiping the rest away from his face.

"Brianna look." Mali says.

I look up from Calum's face and see Mali's covered in whip cream now as well.

"Who am I?" She asks looking around her all ditzy.

I burst out in laughter before mustering up his name.

Calum grunts in annoyance.

"Seriously Mali. Embarrassing me in front of my own girlfriend." Calum remarks annoyed.