Chapter 13: Does the past really ever stay in the past?

My Other Half

Chapter 13: Does the past really ever stay in the past?

Its been two hours. Two hours of non stop walking and two hours of continuous rain. It stopped finally but that doesn't make my cold body feel any better. The fact that I was also sick yesterday does not make me love the rain in anyway more or less. I'm currently rummaging through racks in some boutique downtown. The group decided we all get a new change of clothes and put our old ones in the bags from our purchases and put them in the car. Good idea right?

No. Not a good idea at all.

Luckily for the boys we stopped in a boutique with nice casual boy clothes. Oh but for us girls all there is in this store is dresses. Don't worry they're like spring and summer dresses but let me just tell you something. I will wear a skirt in the summer for fun, sure why not? But a dress for fun, ha that's a good joke.

Calum and the rest of the boys are on the other side having a blast picking out clothes. Okay not a blast but I know they like their selection.

Maybe I can wear the guy clothes?

"Earth to Brianna?" Jules states waving her hand in my face.

"Yes?" I mutter zoning back in to notice Jules holding about 3 dresses in her hand.

Julia is a lucky one. She has these curves and this body type that can wear all types of dresses and look absolutely stunning in which is very unfair.

"You know just rummaging through the racks won't help you find anything." She states examining my wary hand moving hangers back and forth. "Oh and also day dreaming about the boys clothes won't also help your case on letting Layla or I let you pick out boy clothes." Julia states shaking her head at me.

"I just." I groan out in frustration, "I can't pull off a dress right now. After being sick you don't feel pretty or like a million bucks. You feel like crap."

Layla walks over in a two strap light purple dress with green tiny flowers dotted all around it and a brown belt securely around her hips. I open my mouth in disbelief.

"Do you see what I'm saying?" I state looking my best friend over in shock by how good she looks.

Layla and Julia mumble something but I'm to distracted by a certain Calum smiling at me from across the store.

Save me I mouth at him.

Before he can reply Layla grabs my arm and shoves a dress in my hand. "Now go try it on. Don't make me walk in there." She states pushing me in the change room and closing the curtain behind me.

I examine the light blue strapless short dress in my hand. White lace on the bottom adding a bit of creativity to it. A shade lighter blue ribbon around my stomach and hips and a cuff outlining my chest with four yellow buttons trailing up it.

I drop my purse on the floor and pull off my soaking wet jeans and shirt and hold the dress up in front of me.

What's the point?

Just another way for the fans to judge me.

She's changing for Calum. They'll say.

The only way she gets with the boys. Others will say.

"Brianna hurry up we're all waiting." Layla bellows from outside my change room.

I close my eyes and slip the dress on. I don't have the guts to open my eyes. Afraid its to short or I look like a slut because I have more to show than others.