Chapter 7

Hunter's P.O.V

Bang!

I was up and fully awake when I heard my door hit the wall behind it. I looked at the red digits on my alarm clock which showed it was 3:39 in the morning. I saw River standing in the middle of my room, looking terrified to her bones.

'River what happened?' I asked, in full alpha mode now.

'It's... Jonathan. He mind linked us. He is being chased by a pack of wolfs.' She croaked out.

My eyes widened and I run as fast as I could. My wolf took over and I was there in seconds. In the middle of the woods, there was a circle made up of about 10 wolfs, in the middle Jonathan was kneeling in front of a very familiar white wolf. It had it's teeth bared, and blue eyes which had an angry glint in them. Then the wolf shifted, in its place stood a women, her body cover by the bright flames of the fire that she could control with ease.

'Adrianna what are you doing?!' My fathers voice boomed over all the noise that was heard.

'Jonathan Michaels! You have broken the laws of The King, You have betrayed him by working with rogues and you have betrayed your pack, for that you shall be punished.' Her voice was strong and loud. 'Do you have anything to say before your punishment will be carried out?'

'I hope Richard goes on you as easily as we did with your parents and kills you quickly.' He said with an evil laugh coming from him.

That's when she strikes and pierces his chest with her hand, pulling out a hand which was covered in a rich dark red liquid and holding his heart. A heart breaking scream and then sobs were heard from the crowd made up of my pack. Jonathan's mate, Krystal. As she run towards her mates body, when she was about to kneel down and hold him in her arms, the fire started burning his body, along with the heart which was still in Adrianna's grasp. In seconds it all turned to ash. Adrianna blankly stared at me as I heard her speak.

'Quia locus non est in nostra tellure perfidia'

And then there was a gust of wind which has blown the ashes away, and has also calmed Krystal. I looked at Krystal with her tear strained face, and saw her understanding what happened. When I looked back up at Adrianna she was gone. However the other wolves were still there and A blonde with blue eyes said to Krystal, whilst bowing down to show respect for her mates death

'In our world there is no place for betrayal. That's what Adrianna said, she also told me to give you this ' Krystal simply nodded in understanding, and when the girl gave her a silver chain with a locket, she smiled and said, 'thank you.' They left immediately after.

***

The next day I came into school, and whilst I was out in the parking lot talking to the boys from the pack about what happened last night, I saw a black limousine stop right by the school entrance. The driver got out and opened the door. What I saw made my blood boil. Adrianna getting out of the limousine with a guy who had his arm draped around her waist and was whispering something into her ear. My wolf took over and in seconds I was by her side and i ripped her out of his hold and pushed her behind me. Then I growled and spoke fiercely.

'Who the fuck do you think you are and why are you touching my mate?'

'Don't you fucking speak to him in that tone Hunter Xavier Whitewood!' I heard Adrianna hiss from behind me, her hands on my arms, nails digging into my skin.

'Why shouldn't I? He was touching what's mine! MINE! Not his, MINE!' At that point I was so furious, that as I spoke I felt my wolf trying to claw his way out, to be in control. He nearly did until I heard an angry and bitter voice speak coldly.

'First of all Hunter you are speaking to The King Alpha. Secondly there is no US, as mates, ever. I Adrianna Valentina Noire reject you, Hunter Xavier Whitewood.'

That's when my wolf, stopped trying, and my whole world stood still. I felt empty. She didn't love me. and I need to find out why. I watched as she passed me walking through the school doors, the king alpha gave me sad smile, and a look that said 'It will be alright' and followed her in.

***

Adrianna's P.O.V

'Why did you do that?' I heard a voice speak behind me.

'Do what' I asked blankly. I felt an arm grab me and turn me around. I looked into the questioning yet angry eyes of Vincent.

' Why?' He asked again. I stared at him coldly and spoke in monotone.

'Why you ask? Do you not remember what I am? Who I am? I'm Enya, and you remember what happened to Lokis? You certainly should! I killed him, he betrayed me, us! and then.. I killed myself because Icouldn't live without him. So to answer your question as of why I don't want my mate is simple. I don't want to repeat the same mistake that I made in my previous life, I don't want to have to kill my mate again!'

By the end of me speaking all of the school has heard me shout why I did not want my mate, and what Enya has done in her previous life. I heard gasps all around, and I saw a face, a face which looked hurt before, but now he understood, that I did not hate him, yet I could not love him either.

A/N

YAY! Update. I could not set my time right in order for me to write, when school started, and I just kind of lost track in this crazy life of mine. But now I'm back and I'm set to finish this story :)

Please Vote, comment and fan!

Lots of love to my lovely Wattpaders,

A.