quiet

When Mitch woke up the next morning, he looked around confusedly, not remembering where he was. It wasn't until Scott sighed softly in his sleep and pulled Mitch closer did he turn to see the blond man holding him, and he panicked for a moment before remembering who this man was. Mitch immediately relaxed and burrowed deeper in Scott's arms - it had been so long since he'd been held.

It was still early, so it was a few hours before sleepy blue eyes opened. Scott yawned and curled up with Mitch still in his arms, not realizing the brunet was awake. Mitch tilted his head and watched him, not saying anything.

It wasn't until Scott opened his eyes again and met Mitch's eyes did he realize Mitch was awake. He blushed and smiled slightly nervously, looking away. "Good morning."

"Good morning."

Scott slowly got up and fixed his appearance in the cracked mirror. "I have work today." Mitch frowned slightly, not wanting him to leave. "Okay," he said quietly, wrapping his arms around himself.

"You can come with me if you want," Scott said, glancing back at him. Mitch's heart leaped and he nodded. "Yes, please." Scott smiled slightly, nodding. "Okay. I work at the library, so it's nice and quiet. I think you'll like it there."

+++

Scott unlocked the door to the library and led Mitch inside, smiling as he looked around in wonder. However, he stayed silent, walking over to his desk to set his stuff down. Mitch trotted after him, not wanting to be left alone again. Scott smiled to himself and sat down at his desk, and Mitch plopped down on the floor beside him.

"What now?" he asked, looking up at the blond. Scott sighed quietly, curling up in his chair and grabbing his hook. "Now, we wait."

+++

By the time the work day was over, Mitch was leaning against Scott's chair, fast asleep. Scott smiled slightly as he looked down at him, not wanting to wake him up. He hesitated before bending down to carefully scoop Mitch in his arms, and the brunet curled into him, nuzzling against his chest. Scott smiled wider and grabbed his stuff, then left with Mitch still in his arms.

Scott didn't notice, but about halfway through the walk home, sleepy chocolate eyes opened only for a moment before they closed once more.