yours

"Scott?" Mitch broke the silence that night, speaking softly in the dark. "Hmm?" Scott hummed in acknowledgement, but he didn't open his eyes, curling closer to Mitch.

"You- You never answered my question last night."

Scott opened his eyes that time, looking nervously at Mitch. "Wh-What question?"

"Can I please be yours?" Mitch asked quieter, his eyes glistening in the moonlight. Scott hesitated. "Why do you want to be mine? Why would you want to be mine?" Mitch frowned slightly, reaching up to run his thumb over Scott's soft bottom lip. "Because you're perfect."

"I'm nowhere near perfect, Mitchie."

"You're perfect."

Scott blushed and shook his head. "You are," he whispered barely audibly. Mitch blushed as well and tucked his head under Scott's chin, subconsciously clutching his shirt. "Please?" he asked timidly, nuzzling against Scott. Scott hesitated for a while, nervously chewing on his lip, before he swallowed and pulled Mitch closer. "Okay," he said softly, and Mitch immediately grinned widely, looking up at him. "Really?" Scott slowly nodded. "If you really want to be." Mitch let it a squeal and nodded vigorously, grabbing Scott's face and kissing him.

It took Scott a moment to register who Mitch was, and he relaxed when he did, kissing him back gently. Mitch moved closer to him and ran his fingers through Scott's hair, tilting his head to deepen the kiss.

When they finally broke apart, Mitch smiled breathlessly up at Scott, taking his hand and placing it on his own chest. "Yours." Scott stared back at him for a moment before he did the same with Mitch's hand, placing it on his chest. "Yours."