enough

this is lame

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mitchie?" Scott's voice asked tentatively into the silence, and Mitch lifted his head off of Scott's chest to look up at him. "Hmm?" Scott hesitated, subconsciously pulling Mitch closer. "Did you mean it when you said you loved me?" he asked timidly. Mitch didn't answer at first, setting his head back down on Scott's chest and closing his eyes. He heard Scott's heartbeat pick up when he didn't answer and subconsciously clutched at his shirt. "Yes." Scott blushed and brought Mitch closer. "R-Really?"

"Yes."

Scott hesitated a moment before whispering a small, "I love you too."

Mitch smiled and looked up at him without moving his head, reaching up to brush his fingers across Scott's cheek. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me," he said quietly, allowing his fingers to curl into themselves and rest against his neck. Scott blushed deeper and nuzzled against Mitch's hand, closing his eyes. "All I've done is hurt you."

"Are you kidding? You saved my life."

"I hurt you."

Mitch shook his head and gently pulled out of Scott's arms to bring the blond to his chest. "You saved my life," he repeated softly, holding Scott close. Scott blushed and hid his face in Mitch's chest, subconsciously clutching his shirt. "I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you," he whispered, and Mitch frowned, tilting Scott's head up so he had to meet his eyes. "You are enough. You're more than enough. You're perfect."

"No, I'm not. I'm just a useless sl*t. You deserve better."

"I just want you, sweetheart."

"Why? You could have anyone you want, why m-me?"

Mitch smiled slightly, absentmindedly running his fingers through the shorter hairs on the back of Scott's neck. "Because you're perfect. Flawless. Immaculate. You're everything to me. You're enough."

"No, I'm—"

"Yes. Enough."