melancholy

Scott couldn't sleep.

His mind was buzzing, thoughts of Mitch and bills and his job and back to Mitch again.

He was so tired. He wanted his mind to shut up for once so he could finally sleep.

But no, obviously it didn't. No matter how hard he tried, his mind kept thinking. Mainly about Mitch, if he was being honest.

Scott liked Mitch. He really, really did, but he knew the small brunet deserved better. I mean, how could anyone want him?

The only comforting thought in his head was that he didn't have to work the next day. It would just be a nice, quiet day of the library, where he can escape from reality if even for a little while.

+++

The next morning arrived quickly, and Scott hadn't slept a second. His blue eyes were tired and melancholy, blinking down at Mitch as he started to stir. As soon as the brunet had totally woken up, he looked around quickly, and relaxed immediately when he saw Scott. "Are you gonna leave me again?" Mitch asked innocently, rubbing his eyes like a child. "I have to go to the library," Scott whispered, subconsciously holding him tighter. Mitch immediately clutched into him, nuzzling against his neck. "Can I come with you?"

"If you want."

Mitch nodded hurriedly, moving closer. "Yes, please." Scott nodded, squeezing his eyes shut and burying his face in Mitch's hair. Mitch pressed his forehead to Scott's chest and absentmindedly scrunched and released Scott's shirt in his fists, his breathing soft and gentle.

Scott allowed himself to hide for a total of five seconds before he forced himself to pull away and painfully begin to get dressed. Mitch tried to discreetly steal a glance, but Scott was out of sight.

When Scott emerged, he was rubbing his eyes, a soft sigh escaping his lips. He had to admit, the only reason he was keeping himself alive was Mitch. Mitch immediately latched onto him like a koala, and Scott kissed his cheek as he grabbed his keys and began the walk to the library.